1 800 222 6872

Antoni Wit (Conductor): Lutoslawski: Twenty Polish Christmas Carols; Lacrimosa; Five Songs

Audio Samples

>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Angels to the shepherds came
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey! We rejoice now
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): When the Christ to us is born
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Just after midnight
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): God is born
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Our Lovely Lady
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hurrying to Bethlehem
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): In a manger
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Jesus there is lying
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): We are shepherds
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Lullaby, Jesus
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey, on this day
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Jesus lovely flower
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey la, Hey la, shepherds there you are
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): What to do with this child
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey, hey lovely Lady Mary
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): This is our Lord's birthday
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Shepherds, can you tell?
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Infant so tiny
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Holy Lady Mary (wandered through the world wide)
>Lacrimosa (fragment of a requiem), for soprano, chorus & orchestra (or organ)
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): The Sea
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): The Wind
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Winter
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Knights
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Church Bells

Track List

>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Angels to the shepherds came
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey! We rejoice now
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): When the Christ to us is born
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Just after midnight
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): God is born
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Our Lovely Lady
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hurrying to Bethlehem
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): In a manger
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Jesus there is lying
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): We are shepherds
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Lullaby, Jesus
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey, on this day
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Jesus lovely flower
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey la, Hey la, shepherds there you are
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): What to do with this child
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Hey, hey lovely Lady Mary
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): This is our Lord's birthday
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Shepherds, can you tell?
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Infant so tiny
>Polish Carols (20), for voice & piano (later also with female chorus & orchestra): Holy Lady Mary (wandered through the world wide)
>Lacrimosa (fragment of a requiem), for soprano, chorus & orchestra (or organ)
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): The Sea
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): The Wind
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Winter
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Knights
>Songs (5) for mezzo-soprano & piano (or chamber orchestra): Church Bells

Album Remarks & Appraisals:

Assembled in 1946 from texts and melodies that had been collected in the 19th century, Twenty Polish Christmas Carols is one of Lutoslawskis most substantial vocal collections. This release features the great Antoni Wit leads the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in a moving performance of these revered Lutoslawski works.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


See Also

There are no recommendations posted for this product