1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Complete String Quartets (Box)

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 1 in F major, Op. 18/1
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 2 in G major, Op. 18 no 2
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 3 in D major, Op. 18 no 3
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 4 in C minor, Op. 18 no 4
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 5 in A major, Op. 18/5
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 6 in B flat major, Op. 18 no 6
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 7 in F major, Op. 59 no 1 "Razumovsky"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 8 in E minor, Op. 59 no 2 "Razumovsky"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 9 in C major, Op. 59 no 3 "Razumovsky"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 10 in E flat major, Op. 74 "Harp"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 11 in F minor, Op. 95 "Serioso"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 12 in E flat major, Op. 127
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 131
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 13 in B flat major, Op. 130
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Grosse Fuge for String Quartet in B flat major Op. 133
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 15 in A minor ("Heiliger Dankgesang"), Op. 132
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 16 in F major, Op. 135
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"The ASQ can take considerable credit from these superb interpretations. Their dedication and insight has paid off as this set is one of the very finest available. This Foghorn set is unquestionably one of my ‘Records of the Year' for 2009." - Musicweb-International



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 1 in F major, Op. 18/1
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 28 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 2 in G major, Op. 18 no 2
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 3 in D major, Op. 18 no 3
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 4 in C minor, Op. 18 no 4
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 23 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 5 in A major, Op. 18/5
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 6 in B flat major, Op. 18 no 6
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 24 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1798-1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 7 in F major, Op. 59 no 1 "Razumovsky"
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 40 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 8 in E minor, Op. 59 no 2 "Razumovsky"
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 38 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 9 in C major, Op. 59 no 3 "Razumovsky"
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 30 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 10 in E flat major, Op. 74 "Harp"
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 30 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 11 in F minor, Op. 95 "Serioso"
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 12 in E flat major, Op. 127
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 36 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1823-1824

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 131
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 36 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1826

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 13 in B flat major, Op. 130
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 41 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1825-1826

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Grosse Fuge for String Quartet in B flat major Op. 133
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 17 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1825

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 15 in A minor ("Heiliger Dankgesang"), Op. 132
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 44 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1825

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Quartet for Strings no 16 in F major, Op. 135
  • Notes: American Academy of Arts & Letters, New York City (2008-06-09_2008-06-30&2008-)
  • Running Time: 24 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1826