- Satu Jaatinen
- Linda Hedlund (Violin)
- Laura Heinonen
- Essi Luttinen (Mezzo Soprano)
- Riku Pelo (Baritone)
- Max Savikangas (Viola)
- Petri Bäckström
- Vikke Häkkinen
Notes & Reviews:
Orange Mountain Music presents the world premiere recording of Philip Glass' 'A Madrigal Opera' performed by Finland's Ooppera Skaala. Glass' second opera after the landmark 'Einstein on the Beach', 'A Madrigal Opera' contains no narrative or subject matter. It is a work composed for future writers and directors to create in and around Glass score. It is structured like a traditional madrigal, with six voices and violin and viola accompaniment. Written in 1979, the work represented a huge musical step for the composer as he moved toward a more expressive idiom which later produced works like Satyagraha and Koyaanisqatsi.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Sipoo Church, Nikkilä, Finland.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsGlass, Philip : A Madrigal Opera, opera
- Performers: Essi Luttinen (Mezzo Soprano); Riku Pelo (Baritone); Petri Bäckström; Max Savikangas (Viola); Vikke Häkkinen; Satu Jaatinen; Linda Hedlund (Violin); Laura Heinonen
- Ensemble: The Helsinki Skaala Opera (Opera Company)
- Running Time: 8 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 1979