1 800 222 6872

Gottfried Homilius: Erwachet, ihr Christen

Audio Samples

>chora, Traditional German : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen g'mein
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
>chora, Traditional German : Vater unser im Himmelreich
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Vater unser im Himmelreich, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.21
>chora, Traditional German : Kyrie, Gott Heiliger Geist
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Komm Heiliger Geist, Herr Gott, chorale prelude for horn & organ
>Anonymous, German : Herr Christ der einz'ge Gottes Sohn
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Herr Christ, der einig Gottes Sohn, chorale prelude HoWV 10.3
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Cantata
>     Fahre hin, du lust der Welt HoWV 2.172
>chora, Traditional German : O Heilger Geist, kehr bei uns ein
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Heil'ger Geist, Kehr Bei Uns ein, chorale prelude for horn & organ
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude HoWV 10.17
>chora, Traditional German : O Gott, du frommer Gott
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.19
>chora, Traditional German : Fur deinen Thron tret ich hiermit
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Fur deinen Thron tret ich hiermit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.18
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sonata for oboe & continuo, HoWV 11.1
>chora, Traditional German : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
>Anonymous : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, for organ (previously attrib. to Sweelinck)
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, chorale prelude for oboe & organ, HoWV 10 Anh.10
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.20
>Anonymous : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, for organ
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, chorale prelude HoWV 10.22
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Erwachet, ihr Christen, cantata for soloists, chorus & orchestra, HoWV 2.57

Album Summary

>chora, Traditional German : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen g'mein
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
>chora, Traditional German : Vater unser im Himmelreich
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Vater unser im Himmelreich, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.21
>chora, Traditional German : Kyrie, Gott Heiliger Geist
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Komm Heiliger Geist, Herr Gott, chorale prelude for horn & organ
>Anonymous, German : Herr Christ der einz'ge Gottes Sohn
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Herr Christ, der einig Gottes Sohn, chorale prelude HoWV 10.3
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Cantata
>chora, Traditional German : O Heilger Geist, kehr bei uns ein
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Heil'ger Geist, Kehr Bei Uns ein, chorale prelude for horn & organ
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude HoWV 10.17
>chora, Traditional German : O Gott, du frommer Gott
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.19
>chora, Traditional German : Fur deinen Thron tret ich hiermit
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Fur deinen Thron tret ich hiermit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.18
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sonata for oboe & continuo, HoWV 11.1
>chora, Traditional German : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
>Anonymous : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, for organ (previously attrib. to Sweelinck)
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, chorale prelude for oboe & organ, HoWV 10 Anh.10
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.20
>Anonymous : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, for organ
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, chorale prelude HoWV 10.22
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Erwachet, ihr Christen, cantata for soloists, chorus & orchestra, HoWV 2.57
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Gottfried Homilius was an organist and composer who lived in Dresden and Leipzig. He was one of Bach's circle of students and was director of music at the main Dresden church.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>chora, Traditional German : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen g'mein
  • Performer: Dorothea Wagner (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (Trumpet); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : Vater unser im Himmelreich
  • Performer: Clemens Volkmar
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Vater unser im Himmelreich, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.21
  • Performers: Andreas Lorenz (Oboe); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : Kyrie, Gott Heiliger Geist
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Komm Heiliger Geist, Herr Gott, chorale prelude for horn & organ
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Anonymous, German : Herr Christ der einz'ge Gottes Sohn
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Herr Christ, der einig Gottes Sohn, chorale prelude HoWV 10.3
  • Performers: Andreas Lorenz (Oboe); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Cantata :: Fahre hin, du lust der Welt HoWV 2.172
  • Performers: Friedwart-Christian Dittmann (Cello); Barbara Steude (Soprano); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Ensemble: Virtuosi Saxoniae
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : O Heilger Geist, kehr bei uns ein
  • Performer: Dorothea Wagner (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Heil'ger Geist, Kehr Bei Uns ein, chorale prelude for horn & organ
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : Nun freut euch, liebe Christen g'mein
  • Performer: Dorothea Wagner (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude HoWV 10.17
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (Trumpet); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : O Gott, du frommer Gott
  • Performer: Dorothea Wagner (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.19
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : Für deinen Thron tret ich hiermit
  • Performer: Clemens Volkmar
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Für deinen Thron tret ich hiermit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV 10.18
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (Trumpet); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sonata for oboe & continuo, HoWV 11.1
  • Performers: Friedwart-Christian Dittmann (Cello); Andreas Lorenz (Oboe); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit
  • Performer: Phillip Brömsel
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Was mein Gott will, das g'scheh allzeit, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Anonymous : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, for organ (previously attrib. to Sweelinck)
  • Performer: Dorothea Wagner (Soprano)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Allein zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ, chorale prelude for oboe & organ, HoWV 10 Anh.10
  • Performers: Andreas Lorenz (Oboe); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>chora, Traditional German : O Gott, du frommer Gott
  • Performer: Clemens Volkmar
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : O Gott, du frommer Gott, chorale prelude HoWV 10.20
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Anonymous : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, for organ
  • Performer: Clemens Volkmar
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Es ist das Heil uns kommen her, chorale prelude HoWV 10.22
  • Performers: Ludwig Güttler (French Horn); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Erwachet, ihr Christen, cantata for soloists, chorus & orchestra, HoWV 2.57
  • Performers: Friedwart-Christian Dittmann (Cello); Friedrich Kircheis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Ludwig Güttler
  • Notes: Frauenkirche Dresden (03/14/2009-03/20/2009)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical