1 800 222 6872

New Year's Day Concert 2010

Audio Samples

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Die Fledermaus
>     Overture
>Strauss, Josef : Frauenherz, Op. 166
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Im Krapfenwald'l, polka française for orchestra, Op. 336 (RV 336)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Stürmisch in Lieb' und Tanz (Stormy in Love and Dance), polka schnell for orchestra, Op. 393 (RV 393
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wein, Weib und Gesang, Op. 333
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Perpetuum mobile, Op. 257 "Musikalischer Scherz"
>Nicolai, Otto : Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor
>     Overture
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wiener Bonbons, Op. 307
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Champagner-Polka, Op. 211
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Ein Herz, ein Sinn, polka-mazurka for orchestra, Op. 323 (RV 323)
>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Der Carneval in Paris, galop for orchestra, Op. 100
>Offenbach, Jacques : Die Rheinnixen
>     Overture
>Strauss, Eduard : Helen Quadrille, Op 14
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Morgenblätter (Morning Papers), waltz for orchestra, Op. 279 (RV 279)
>Lumbye, Hans Christian : Champagne Galop for orchestra (or piano)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Cagliostro in Wien
>Word, Spoken : New Year's Address
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra (with chorus ad li
>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Radetzky March, Op. 228

Album Summary

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Die Fledermaus
>Strauss, Josef : Frauenherz, Op. 166
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Im Krapfenwald'l, polka française for orchestra, Op. 336 (RV 336)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Stürmisch in Lieb' und Tanz (Stormy in Love and Dance), polka schnell for orchestra, Op. 393 (RV 393
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wein, Weib und Gesang, Op. 333
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Perpetuum mobile, Op. 257 "Musikalischer Scherz"
>Nicolai, Otto : Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wiener Bonbons, Op. 307
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Champagner-Polka, Op. 211
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Ein Herz, ein Sinn, polka-mazurka for orchestra, Op. 323 (RV 323)
>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Der Carneval in Paris, galop for orchestra, Op. 100
>Offenbach, Jacques : Die Rheinnixen
>Strauss, Eduard : Helen Quadrille, Op 14
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Morgenblätter (Morning Papers), waltz for orchestra, Op. 279 (RV 279)
>Lumbye, Hans Christian : Champagne Galop for orchestra (or piano)
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Cagliostro in Wien
>Word, Spoken : New Year's Address
>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra (with chorus ad li
>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Radetzky March, Op. 228
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Georges Pretre returns to Vienna's illustrious Musikverein to conduct a compelling program that combines adored classics with no less than four intriguing premieres. Idolized in Vienna, the legendary French maestro, Georges Pretre is a leading expert on and interpreter of the music of the Strauss family. The Wiener Philharmoniker's 2010 New Year's Concert comes complete on 2 CDs for a 2 for 1 price. Also released on DVD, featuring the complete concert, supplemented by ballet highlights and the traditional intermission feature.

The Observer
...sparklingly played and witty... this will do more for a hangover than prairie oysters

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Goldener Saal des Wiener Musikvereins (01/01/2010).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Die Fledermaus :: Overture
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 9 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1874

>Strauss, Josef : Frauenherz, Op. 166
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 5 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1864

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Im Krapfenwald'l, polka française for orchestra, Op. 336 (RV 336)
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Stürmisch in Lieb' und Tanz (Stormy in Love and Dance), polka schnell for orchestra, Op. 393 (RV 393
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wein, Weib und Gesang, Op. 333
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 10 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1869

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Perpetuum mobile, Op. 257 "Musikalischer Scherz"
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 3 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1861

>Nicolai, Otto : Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor :: Overture
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Notes: Composition written: 1849.
  • Running Time: 8 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1849

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Wiener Bonbons, Op. 307
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 9 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1866

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Champagner-Polka, Op. 211
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1858

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Ein Herz, ein Sinn, polka-mazurka for orchestra, Op. 323 (RV 323)
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 4 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1868

>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Der Carneval in Paris, galop for orchestra, Op. 100
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Offenbach, Jacques : Die Rheinnixen :: Overture
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 6 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Opera/Operetta

>Strauss, Eduard : Helen Quadrille, Op 14
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Morgenblätter (Morning Papers), waltz for orchestra, Op. 279 (RV 279)
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 11 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1864

>Lumbye, Hans Christian : Champagne Galop for orchestra (or piano)
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : Cagliostro in Wien
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Word, Spoken : New Year's Address
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Strauss II (Junior), Johann : An der schönen, blauen Donau (On the Beautiful, Blue Danube), waltz for orchestra (with chorus ad li
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 11 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1867

>Strauss I (Senior), Johann : Radetzky March, Op. 228
  • Conductor: Georges Prêtre
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1848