Linn Records: The Super Audio Collection, Vol. 4

Audio Samples

>O'Boyle, Maeve : Pray It Never Happens
>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : Everything I've Got Belongs To You
>Shaw, Ian : A Good And Simple Man
>Kidd, Carol : Stars Fell on Alabama
>Power, Gareth Williams : For Alun Lewis, Hedd Wyn & The Others
>Moraghan, Mark [Composer] : Moonlight's Back in Style
>Ortiz, Diego : Trattado de glosas
>Purcell, Henry : Sonata 1 in B minor
>     Largo
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Matthew Passion
>     Aria
>Ward, John : In Nomine a 6 for viols no 6
>Ravel, Maurice : Sonatine for Piano
>     Animé
>Stravinsky, Igor : Pulcinella Suite
>     2. Serenata
>Messiaen, Olivier : Quatuor pour la fin du Temps
>     1. Liturgie de cristal
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>     2. Andante con moto
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 38 in D major, K504 "Prague"
>     3. Finale

Album Summary

>O'Boyle, Maeve : Pray It Never Happens
>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : Everything I've Got Belongs To You
>Shaw, Ian : A Good And Simple Man
>Kidd, Carol : Stars Fell on Alabama
>Power, Gareth Williams : For Alun Lewis, Hedd Wyn & The Others
>Moraghan, Mark [Composer] : Moonlight's Back in Style
>Ortiz, Diego : Trattado de glosas
>Purcell, Henry : Sonata 1 in B minor
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Matthew Passion
>Ward, John : In Nomine a 6 for viols no 6
>Ravel, Maurice : Sonatine for Piano
>Stravinsky, Igor : Pulcinella Suite
>Messiaen, Olivier : Quatuor pour la fin du Temps
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 38 in D major, K504 "Prague"
Performers Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Import Hybrid-SACD pressing.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>O'Boyle, Maeve : Pray It Never Happens
  • Performer: Maeve O'Boyle (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.

>Martin, Claire [Vocals] : Everything I've Got Belongs To You
  • Performer: Claire Martin (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Shaw, Ian : A Good And Simple Man
  • Performer: Ian Shaw (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Kidd, Carol : Stars Fell on Alabama
  • Performer: Carol Kidd (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Power, Gareth Williams : For Alun Lewis, Hedd Wyn & The Others
  • Ensemble: Gareth Williams Power Trio
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.

>Moraghan, Mark [Composer] : Moonlight's Back in Style
  • Performer: Mark Moraghan (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.

>Ortiz, Diego : Trattado de glosas
  • Performers: Andrew Lawrence-King (Harp); Pamela Thorby (Recorder)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Written: 1533

>Purcell, Henry : Sonata 1 in B minor :: Largo
  • Performer: Retrospect Trio (Trio)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1680

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Matthew Passion :: Aria
  • Ensemble: Dunedin Consort
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Ward, John : In Nomine a 6 for viols no 6
  • Ensemble: Phantasm (Viol Consort)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Ravel, Maurice : Sonatine for Piano :: Animé
  • Performer: Artur Pizarro (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1903-1905

>Stravinsky, Igor : Pulcinella Suite :: 2. Serenata
  • Running Time: 3 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1922

>Messiaen, Olivier : Quatuor pour la fin du Temps :: 1. Liturgie de cristal
  • Ensemble: Hebrides Ensemble
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1940-1941

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Piano no 4 in G major, Op. 58 :: 2. Andante con moto
  • Performer: Artur Pizarro (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1805-1806

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Symphony no 38 in D major, K504 "Prague" :: 3. Finale
  • Notes: Composition written: 1786.
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1786