1 800 222 6872

Call Me Flott / Felicity Lott sings Barber, Berlin, Porter et al

Audio Samples

>Bush, Geoffrey : It Was a Lover and His Lass
>Poulenc, Francis : Fancy ("Tell Me Where Is Fancy Bred"), song for voice & piano, FP 174
>Britten, Benjamin : Fancie
>     Tell me where is fancy bred, for unison chorus & piano
>Horder, Mervyn : Under the Greenwood Tree
>Gounod, Charles : The fountains mingle with the river, for voice & piano
>Hahn, Reynaldo [Composer] : The Child's Garden of Verses
>     The swing
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Cherry Tree Farm, song for voice & piano
>Bridge, Frank [Composer] : O That It Were So, for voice & piano, H. 105
>Hopkins, Antony : A melancholy song, for voice & piano
>Coward, Noël : If love were all
>Kern, Jerome : You can't make love by wireless, for voice & piano
>Dring, Madeleine : Song of a Nightclub Proprietress
>Barber, Samuel : Solitary Hotel, song for voice & piano (Despite and Still), Op. 41/4
>Berlin, Irving : Music Box Revue
>Porter, Cole : Miss Otis regrets, song (used in the play "High Diddle Diddle")
>Musto, John [Piano] : Litany, for voice & piano
>Ware, George : The boy in the gallery, for voice & piano
>Coward, Noël : Mad about the boy
>Bliss, Sir A. [Composer] : The Return from Town, song for voice & piano (Two Amercian Poems no 2), F. 184/2
>Porter, Cole : The physician, song (from "Nymph Errant")
>Berners, Lord (Tyrwhitt) : Come on Algernon, for voice & piano
>Swann, Donald : A Word on My Ear
>Berlin, Irving : I Love a Piano, song (from Stop! Look! Listen!")
>Kern, Jerome : Call Me Flo, song
>Novello, Ivor : Bees are buzzin', for voice & piano
>Hupfeld, Herman : Let's put out the lights
>Coward, Noël : The Party's Over Now (used in Cochran's revue "Words And Music")

Album Summary

>Bush, Geoffrey : It Was a Lover and His Lass
>Poulenc, Francis : Fancy ("Tell Me Where Is Fancy Bred"), song for voice & piano, FP 174
>Britten, Benjamin : Fancie
>Horder, Mervyn : Under the Greenwood Tree
>Gounod, Charles : The fountains mingle with the river, for voice & piano
>Hahn, Reynaldo [Composer] : The Child's Garden of Verses
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Cherry Tree Farm, song for voice & piano
>Bridge, Frank [Composer] : O That It Were So, for voice & piano, H. 105
>Hopkins, Antony : A melancholy song, for voice & piano
>Coward, Noël : If love were all
>Kern, Jerome : You can't make love by wireless, for voice & piano
>Dring, Madeleine : Song of a Nightclub Proprietress
>Barber, Samuel : Solitary Hotel, song for voice & piano (Despite and Still), Op. 41/4
>Berlin, Irving : Music Box Revue
>Porter, Cole : Miss Otis regrets, song (used in the play "High Diddle Diddle")
>Musto, John [Piano] : Litany, for voice & piano
>Ware, George : The boy in the gallery, for voice & piano
>Coward, Noël : Mad about the boy
>Bliss, Sir A. [Composer] : The Return from Town, song for voice & piano (Two Amercian Poems no 2), F. 184/2
>Porter, Cole : The physician, song (from "Nymph Errant")
>Berners, Lord (Tyrwhitt) : Come on Algernon, for voice & piano
>Swann, Donald : A Word on My Ear
>Berlin, Irving : I Love a Piano, song (from Stop! Look! Listen!")
>Kern, Jerome : Call Me Flo, song
>Novello, Ivor : Bees are buzzin', for voice & piano
>Hupfeld, Herman : Let's put out the lights
>Coward, Noël : The Party's Over Now (used in Cochran's revue "Words And Music")
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A brand new release from Dame Felicity Lott, with Graham Johnson at the piano. Described as "The Queen of English Classical", here Felicity Lott, known as 'Flott' to her friends, performs a selection of lighter repertoire, from Cole Porter to Ivor Novello, Coward, Barber and Berlin. Well-known and loved the world over for her musicality, beautiful tone, easy ascents into the upper register, and superb delivery, here Dame Felicity is expertly accompanied by Graham Johnson, who also provides us with extensive and well-written booklet notes.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Music Room, Champs Hill, West Sussex, England.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bush, Geoffrey : It Was a Lover and His Lass
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1956

>Poulenc, Francis : Fancy ("Tell Me Where Is Fancy Bred"), song for voice & piano, FP 174
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Britten, Benjamin : Fancie :: Tell me where is fancy bred, for unison chorus & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1961

>Horder, Mervyn : Under the Greenwood Tree
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1977

>Gounod, Charles : The fountains mingle with the river, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Hahn, Reynaldo [Composer] : The Child's Garden of Verses :: The swing
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1915

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Cherry Tree Farm, song for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Bridge, Frank [Composer] : O That It Were So, for voice & piano, H. 105
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1912

>Hopkins, Antony : A melancholy song, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Period Time: Modern

>Noël Coward (1899 - 1973) : If love were all
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal

>Kern, Jerome : You can't make love by wireless, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Dring, Madeleine : Song of a Nightclub Proprietress
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal

>Barber, Samuel : Solitary Hotel, song for voice & piano (Despite and Still), Op. 41/4
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1968-1969

>Berlin, Irving : Music Box Revue
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1924

>Porter, Cole : Miss Otis regrets, song (used in the play "High Diddle Diddle")
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Musto, John [Piano] : Litany, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Ware, George : The boy in the gallery, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.

>Noël Coward (1899 - 1973) : Mad about the boy
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Bliss, Sir A. [Composer] : The Return from Town, song for voice & piano (Two Amercian Poems no 2), F. 184/2
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1940

>Porter, Cole : The physician, song (from "Nymph Errant")
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 4 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Berners, Lord (Tyrwhitt) : Come on Algernon, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Swann, Donald : A Word on My Ear
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 4 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Berlin, Irving : I Love a Piano, song (from Stop! Look! Listen!")
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1915

>Kern, Jerome : Call Me Flo, song
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1912

>Novello, Ivor : Bees are buzzin', for voice & piano
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Hupfeld, Herman : Let's put out the lights
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Noël Coward (1899 - 1973) : The Party's Over Now (used in Cochran's revue "Words And Music")
  • Performers: Graham Johnson (Piano); Felicity Lott
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1932