1 800 222 6872

Brilliant Classics Piano Library: Faure

Album Summary

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for Piano no 1 in E flat minor, Op. 33 no 1
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 2 in B major, Op. 33/2
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op.33/3
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 4 in E major, Op. 36
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 37
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 6 in D flat major, Op. 63
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 74
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major (also in Huit pièces brèves), Op. 84/8
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B minor, Op. 97
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 99
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 11 in F sharp minor, Op. 104/1
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 12 in E minor, Op. 107
>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 13 in B minor, Op. 119
>Fauré, Gabriel : Thème et variations, for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 73
>Fauré, Gabriel : Ballade for Piano and Orchestra in F sharp major, Op. 19
>Fauré, Gabriel : Préludes (9) for piano, Op. 103
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 26
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 2 in G major, Op. 41
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 42
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 44
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 66
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 6 in E flat major, Op. 70
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 7 in D minor, Op. 90
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 96
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 9 in A minor, Op. 101
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 10 in A minor, Op. 104/2
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 105
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for Piano no 12 in E flat major, Op. 106bis
>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 13 in C major, Op. 116
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 1 in E flat major, Op. 25
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 2 in F minor, Op. 31
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op. 34
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 4 in D flat major, Op. 91
>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 102
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 1 in A major, Op. 30
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 2 in D flat major, Op. 38
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 59
>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 62
>Fauré, Gabriel : Pièces brèves (8), for piano, Op. 84
>Fauré, Gabriel : Mazurka for piano in B flat major, Op. 32
>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17
>Fauré, Gabriel : Dolly, Op. 56
>Gabriel Fauré / André Mes : Souvenirs de Bayreuth, for piano, 4 hands ("Fantaisie en forme de quadrille ...de R. Wagner")
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Gabriel Faure had a long creative life: he was born just as Berlioz was finishing 'La damnation de Faust', and died three years after Berg had completed Wozzeck. His reputation will be as the master of French song, but his considerable body of piano music contains some of the greatest works written for the instrument. His music shocked Saint-Saens, and even managing to astonish the young Debussy with his adventurous harmonies. Jean-Philippe Collard is one of the great exponents of this repertoire. "Collard, confirming the impression made by his other records, proves an excellent choice," - Gramophone, June 1981

"Together with Collard's manifest commitment to and affection for the music, this makes for a superlative set. Collard not only grasps the subtleties of Faure's thought and feelings, but he knows how to express them so the music rings true. This is a particularly tough trick to pull off in Faure since the composer's music is famously passionate as well as infamously elusive, and most pianists overemphasize the former and neglect the latter altogether. Collard brilliantly balances the two, making this set appealing not only the first time through but on multiple hearings. Recorded in lush stereo sound, this set belongs in every representative collection of Faure's music.

"Jean-Phillipe Collard's recording of the piano works by Faure is an excellent source to appreciate the individuality of this composer...Collard brings out the hidden passion in these works by performing them with transparency and delicacy and lets us experience Faure's pieces as colorful portraits and paintings."-American Record Guide

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Salle Wagram, Paris.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for Piano no 1 in E flat minor, Op. 33 no 1
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 2 in B major, Op. 33/2
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op.33/3
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 4 in E major, Op. 36
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 5 in B flat major, Op. 37
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 6 in D flat major, Op. 63
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 74
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 8 in D flat major (also in Huit pièces brèves), Op. 84/8
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1902

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 9 in B minor, Op. 97
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 10 in B minor, Op. 99
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1908

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 11 in F sharp minor, Op. 104/1
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 12 in E minor, Op. 107
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1915

>Fauré, Gabriel : Nocturne for piano no 13 in B minor, Op. 119
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921

>Fauré, Gabriel : Thème et variations, for piano in C sharp minor, Op. 73
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Fauré, Gabriel : Ballade for Piano and Orchestra in F sharp major, Op. 19
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 04/1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Préludes (9) for piano, Op. 103
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 21 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909-1910

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 1 in A minor, Op. 26
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 2 in G major, Op. 41
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 08/1885

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 42
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 44
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 66
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 6 in E flat major, Op. 70
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1895

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 7 in D minor, Op. 90
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 08/1905

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 8 in D flat major, Op. 96
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1906

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 9 in A minor, Op. 101
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 10 in A minor, Op. 104/2
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 10/1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 11 in G minor, Op. 105
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1913

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for Piano no 12 in E flat major, Op. 106bis
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 09/1915

>Fauré, Gabriel : Barcarolle for piano no 13 in C major, Op. 116
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 02/1921

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 1 in E flat major, Op. 25
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1881

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 2 in F minor, Op. 31
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 3 in A flat major, Op. 34
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 4 in D flat major, Op. 91
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1905

>Fauré, Gabriel : Impromptu for piano no 5 in F sharp minor, Op. 102
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1909

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 1 in A major, Op. 30
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1882

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 2 in D flat major, Op. 38
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 07/1884

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 3 in G flat major, Op. 59
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1887-1893

>Fauré, Gabriel : Valse-caprice for piano no 4 in A flat major, Op. 62
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1893-1894

>Fauré, Gabriel : Pièces brèves (8), for piano, Op. 84
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1869-1902

>Fauré, Gabriel : Mazurka for piano in B flat major, Op. 32
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1875

>Fauré, Gabriel : Romances sans paroles (3) for piano, Op. 17
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1863

>Fauré, Gabriel : Dolly, Op. 56
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Bruno Rigutto (Piano); Bruno Rigutto (Piano)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893-1896

>Gabriel Fauré / André Mes : Souvenirs de Bayreuth, for piano, 4 hands ("Fantaisie en forme de quadrille ...de R. Wagner")
  • Performers: Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Jean-Phillipe Collard (Piano); Bruno Rigutto (Piano); Bruno Rigutto (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1888