1 800 222 6872

Vivaldi - Piazzolla - Seasons

> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in E major, Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269, "La primavera" (Spring) - I. Allegro
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in E major, Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269, "La primavera" (Spring) - II. Largo
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in E major, Op. 8, No. 1, RV 269, "La primavera" (Spring) - III. Allegro pastorale
> Las 4 estaciones portenas - Las 4 Estaciones Portenos: No. 2. Verano Porteno (after A. Vivaldi's The 4 Seasons)
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in G minor, Op. 8, No. 2, RV 315, "L'estate" (Summer) - I. Allegro non moto
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in G minor, Op. 8, No. 2, RV 315, "L'estate" (Summer) - II. Adagio e piano - Presto e forte
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in G minor, Op. 8, No. 2, RV 315, "L'estate" (Summer) - III. Presto
> Las 4 estaciones portenas - Las 4 Estaciones Portenas: No. 3. Otono Porteno (after A. Vivaldi's The 4 Seasons)
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F major, Op. 8, No. 3, RV 293, "L'autunno" (Autumn) - I. Allegro
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F major, Op. 8, No. 3, RV 293, "L'autunno" (Autumn) - II. Adagio molto
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F major, Op. 8, No. 3, RV 293, "L'autunno" (Autumn) - III. Allegro
> Las 4 estaciones portenas - Las 4 Estaciones Portenas: No. 4. Invierno Porteno (after A. Vivaldi's The 4 Seasons)
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter) - I. Allegro non molto
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter) - II. Largo
> The 4 Seasons: Violin Concerto in F minor, Op. 8, No. 4, RV 297, "L'inverno" (Winter) - III. Allegro
> Las 4 estaciones portenas - Las 4 Estaciones Portenas: No. 1. Primavera Portena (after A. Vivaldi's The 4 Seasons)

Album Summary

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
>Piazzolla, Astor : Las estaciones porteñas (4)
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
>Piazzolla, Astor : Invierno porteño
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"The Vivaldi, too, is vividly performed. In the fast movements, and they are fast, tuttis are clipped and dry. The performance conforms to the current approach to historically informed interpretation, with modern players on modern instruments taking what they will from their period colleagues." -The Strad

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in E major, Op. 8 no 1/RV 269 "Primavera"
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Piazzolla, Astor : Las estaciones porteñas (4)
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1965

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in G minor, Op. 8 no 2/RV 315 "L'estate"
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Piazzolla, Astor : Las estaciones porteñas (4)
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1969

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Autumn (The Four Seasons)
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Piazzolla, Astor : Invierno porteño
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1969

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Concerto for Violin in F major, Op. 8 no 3/RV 293 "L'autunno"
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1725

>Piazzolla, Astor : Las estaciones porteñas (4)
  • Performer: Daniel Rowland (Violin)
  • Notes: Fismer Hall, Stellenbosch University, South Africa (09/19/2008-09/21/2008)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1970