1 800 222 6872

Handel: Sonatas for Flute / Jan Winne, flute

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude (Harpeggio) for keyboard in F sharp minor, HWV 570
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude (Harpeggio) for keyboard in G minor, HWV 573
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 374 "Halle"
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude and Allegro (Sonata) for keyboard in G minor, HWV 574
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude for keyboard in D minor, HWV 561
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The flute is conspicuously absent in the vast oeuvre of G.F. Handel. While oboes and recorders abound as solo instruments in Handel's operas and oratorios, there are almost no obligato flutes in them. Although it has been contended that the timbre of the flute was too intimate for an expansive character such as Handel's, the flute sonatas in Opus 1 are quintessentially "operatic" in nature, expressing the full range of affects between the delicate and the dramatic. On this recording, Belgian traverso champion Jan de Winne teams up with Italian virtuosi Lorenzo Ghielmi and Marco Testori to explore the "Italian" dimension in the flute sonatas, and to revitalize these astounding works with thrilling musicianship and superbly alert interaction.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude (Harpeggio) for keyboard in F sharp minor, HWV 570
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1718

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1730

>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude (Harpeggio) for keyboard in G minor, HWV 573
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 374 "Halle"
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude and Allegro (Sonata) for keyboard in G minor, HWV 574
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1705

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Handel, George Frideric : Prelude for keyboard in D minor, HWV 561
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1706

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
  • Performers: Lorenzo Ghielmi (Harpsichord); Marco Testori (Cello); Jan Winne (Flute)
  • Notes: Church of Bolland (06/2009/08/2009); Sint Martinus Church of Haringe, Belgium (06/2009/08/2009)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1725-1726