1 800 222 6872

Domenico Scarlatti: Essercizi per gravicembalo

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 420/L S2
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 462/L 438
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 132/L 457
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 65/L 195
>Soler, Antonio : Fandango for Keyboard
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 144
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 119/L 415
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 426/L 128
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C minor, K 115/L 407
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 206/L 257
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F sharp minor, K 25/L 481
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E flat major, K 475/L 220
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 30/L 499 "The Cat's Fugue"
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Born in the same year as Handel and Bach, Neapolitan harpsichordist Domenico Scarlatti was a virtuoso with a very particular style. In Madrid, he became "Domingo Escarlatti" and lived as a music teacher to Queen Maria-Barbara. He wrote almost 555 sonatas, in which he created an explosion of wide-ranging sounds from Italy and Spain. As he was able to utilize the technical possibilities of the harpsichord to the fullest, he produced the mournful notes of the hunting horns as well as the passionate chords played on a flamenco guitar. This program also presents the "Fandango" of his disciple, Padre Antonio Soler, a sort of virtuoso dance on an ostinato. The harpsichord played on this disc is an Italian model, conceived by Philippe Humeau, with a warm sound that is ideal for this repertoire.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Paris, Chapelle Notre-Dame de Bon-Secours (01/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 420/L S2
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 462/L 438
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 132/L 457
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 65/L 195
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Soler, Antonio : Fandango for Keyboard
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: circa 1770

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 144
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 119/L 415
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 426/L 128
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C minor, K 115/L 407
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E major, K 206/L 257
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F sharp minor, K 25/L 481
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in E flat major, K 475/L 220
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 30/L 499 "The Cat's Fugue"
  • Performer: Bertrand Cuiller (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739