- Matthew Dirst (Harpsichord)
Notes & Reviews:
"There are very few two character pieces. Here we have one, an excellent one at that, by Johann Adolf Hasse...Not only do we hear an abundance of lovely baroque tunes and style, but the performance is exquisite. The orchestra is delightfully acidic in color, and the clean playing adds a welcome bounce to the "festivities". Nowhere are we told who sings what. The brighter voice (Pine?) sings Cleopatra, the darker voice (Barton?) sings Marc Antony. Both are excellent. Libretto in Italian and English."-American Record GuideNotes & Reviews:
Recording information: Zilkha Hall at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts (2009-12-30_2009-12-31&2010-).
Submitted on 03/27/11 by Jim D.
Works DetailsHasse, Johann A. : Antonio e Cleopatra, serenata
- Performer: Matthew Dirst (Harpsichord)
- Conductor: Matthew Dirst
- Ensemble: Ars Lyrica Houston
- Notes: Zilkha Hall at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, Houston, TX (2009-12-30_2009-12-31&2010-)
- Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Written: 1725