- Pritsker — Varieties of Religious Experience Suite: II. Consciousness of a Presence $0.99 on iTunes
- Pritsker — Varieties of Religious Experience Suite: III. Everything Else Might be a Dream $0.99 on iTunes
- Pritsker — Varieties of Religious Experience Suite: IV. The Less Real of the Two
- Pritsker — Varieties of Religious Experience Suite: V. Closer to Me than My Own Breath $0.99 on iTunes
- Pritsker — Varieties of Religious Experience Suite: VII. Tolstoy
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Sound Liberation is an eclectic hip-hop/chamber/jazz/rock/etc. ensemble committed to "ending the segregation of sound vibration." Their latest album continues the long tradition of composers creating suites out of their operas (in this case Pritsker's "William James: Varieties of Religious Experience," hence the "VRE Suite"). Scored for a quintet version of Sound Liberation: cello, two electric guitars, contrabass and drum set, this album is instrumentally focused, in contrast to their previous albums that included various singers and rappers, and the music is influenced by jazz, contemporary classical music, improvisation, minimalism, hip-hop, and African rhythms. Composer/guitarist/rapper Gene Pritsker has written over three hundred seventy compositions, including chamber operas, orchestral and chamber works, electro-acoustic music, songs for hip-hop and rock ensembles. The New York Times described him as "...audacious...multitalented."
Personnel: Gene Pritsker (guitar); Greg Baker (guitar); David Gotay (cello); Joe Abba (drums).
Audio Mixers: David Gotay; Gene Pritsker; Greg Baker.
Recording information: Pencil Factory Studios AKA Studio 420, NY.