- Schumann — Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: I. Durchaus phantastisch und leidenschaftlich vorzutragen
- Schumann — Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: II. Mäßig. Durchaus energisch $0.99 on iTunes
- Schumann — Fantasie in C Major, Op. 17: III. Langsam getragen. Durchweg leise zu halten
- Schumann — Piano Sonata in B Minor, S. 178: I. Lento assai - Allegro energico
- Schumann — Piano Sonata in B Minor, S. 178: II. Andante sostenuto - Quasi adagio $0.99 on iTunes
- Schumann — Piano Sonata in B Minor, S. 178: III. Allegro energico
Notes & Reviews:
Robert Schumann's Fantasy in C major & Franz Liszt's Sonata in B flat minor: two singular musical creations, virtually unrivalled in the piano literature, by two very different composers who nevertheless dedicated the two works to each other. The link between the 200th anniversaries of their births, in 2010 und 2011 respectively, is only a superficial framework for the much closer connections that were key to the decision to make this new recording. A pianist of Lars Vogt's caliber, with is emphatic and transparent style of playing, reveals the composers' multi-faceted emotional lives, explaining the works without making a meal of the task and leading the listener through the unique heights and depths of Romantic style.