1 800 222 6872

The Bells of Christmas / Gloriae Dei Ringers

Audio Samples

>Traditional, Christmas : Good Christian Men, Rejoice (a.k.a. "All Christians Now Rejoice")
>Bizet, Georges : L' Arlesienne, incidental music for voices & orchestra
>     March of the Kings
>McKlveen, Paul A. : 'Twas Christmas Eve
>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger
>     Cradle Song) (New English Hymnal 22)
>Allured, Donald E. : Carols in Color, for handbell choir
>Jergenson, Dale : A Flight of Angels, for handbell choir
>Allured, Donald E. : Bellfest, for handbell choir
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>     "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
>Traditional, Christmas : Masters in This Hall
>Hunnicutt, Judy : Shepherds, Watching, for handbell choir
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter

Album Summary

>Traditional, Christmas : Good Christian Men, Rejoice (a.k.a. "All Christians Now Rejoice")
>Bizet, Georges : L' Arlesienne, incidental music for voices & orchestra
>McKlveen, Paul A. : 'Twas Christmas Eve
>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger
>Allured, Donald E. : Carols in Color, for handbell choir
>Jergenson, Dale : A Flight of Angels, for handbell choir
>Allured, Donald E. : Bellfest, for handbell choir
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
>Traditional, Christmas : Masters in This Hall
>Hunnicutt, Judy : Shepherds, Watching, for handbell choir
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Nothing evokes Christmas like bells – ringing from a church steeple, accompanying a sleigh ride, or adorning evergreens. In this best-selling album, reissued at mid-price just in time for the season, the Christmas spirit is joyfully expressed through beloved carols performed on six-and-a-half octave set of Malmark handbells. The Gloriae Dei Ringers include old favorites in new arrangements, as well as original handbell works.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Mechanics Hall, Worcester, MA (1995).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Traditional, Christmas : Good Christian Men, Rejoice (a.k.a. "All Christians Now Rejoice")
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Conductor: Richard Pugsley
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Ringers
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1853

>Bizet, Georges : L' Arlésienne, incidental music for voices & orchestra :: March of the Kings
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 10/01/1872

>McKlveen, Paul A. : 'Twas Christmas Eve
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1864.
  • Running Time: 5 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1864

>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1600

>Kirkpatrick, William J. : Away in a manger :: Cradle Song) (New English Hymnal 22)
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 5 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885

>Allured, Donald E. : Carols in Color, for handbell choir
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 6 min. 44 sec.

>Jergenson, Dale : A Flight of Angels, for handbell choir
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.

>Allured, Donald E. : Bellfest, for handbell choir
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 5 min. 50 sec.

>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2) :: "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1498

>Traditional, Christmas : Ding Dong! Merrily on High (French)
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1588

>Traditional, Christmas : Masters in This Hall
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1860.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1860

>Hunnicutt, Judy : Shepherds, Watching, for handbell choir
  • Performer: Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.

>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
  • Performers: Patrick Clark (Flute); Gloriae Ringers
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 19th Century