Keeping Christmas: Beloved Carols & the Christmas Story / Gloriae Dei Cantores

Audio Samples

>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
>Word, Spoken : Speech of Welcome
>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading
>     Matthew 1
>     Matthew 1
>     Matthew 2
>     Matthew 2
>     Matthew 2
>     Matthew 2
>     Matthew 2
>Near, Gerald : O Prince of Peace
>Goldschmidt, Otto : A Tender Shoot, for chorus
>Stover, Harold : Shall I Tell You Who Will Come to Bethlehem, for chorus
>Campbell, David : A Celebration of Carols
>     A Child's Welcome
>Traditional, Christmas : Carol of the Star, for chorus
>Campbell, Bruce : Willow Carol, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : On Christmas Day in the Morn, for chorus
>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
>Traditional, Christmas : The Holly and the Ivy (English)
>Mathias, William : Nativity Carol, for chorus & organ, Op. 77/3
>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
>Malcolm, George : Missa ad Praesepe (Mass at the Crib), for chorus & organ
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)

Album Summary

>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
>Word, Spoken : Speech of Welcome
>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading
>Near, Gerald : O Prince of Peace
>Goldschmidt, Otto : A Tender Shoot, for chorus
>Stover, Harold : Shall I Tell You Who Will Come to Bethlehem, for chorus
>Campbell, David : A Celebration of Carols
>Traditional, Christmas : Carol of the Star, for chorus
>Campbell, Bruce : Willow Carol, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : On Christmas Day in the Morn, for chorus
>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
>Traditional, Christmas : The Holly and the Ivy (English)
>Mathias, William : Nativity Carol, for chorus & organ, Op. 77/3
>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
>Malcolm, George : Missa ad Praesepe (Mass at the Crib), for chorus & organ
>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
Performer Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The great mystery of Christmas is explored on 'Keeping Christmas', the latest release from Gloriae Dei Cantores. A beloved holiday tradition on Cape Cod, the singers of Gloriae Dei Cantores celebrate the joys of the season with a traditional candlelit service of readings and carols held at the Church of the Transfiguration in Orleans, Massachusetts. This retelling of the stories of Christ’s birth will stir memories and inspire hope for peace and goodwill toward others.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Church of the Transfiguration, Orleans, MA (08/2010).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Traditional, Christmas : The First Nowell (English)
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1823

>Word, Spoken : Speech of Welcome
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 1
  • Running Time: 1 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Near, Gerald : O Prince of Peace
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Goldschmidt, Otto : A Tender Shoot, for chorus
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 1
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Stover, Harold : Shall I Tell You Who Will Come to Bethlehem, for chorus
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Campbell, David : A Celebration of Carols :: A Child's Welcome
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Traditional, Christmas : Carol of the Star, for chorus
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Form: Christmas

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 2
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Campbell, Bruce : Willow Carol, for chorus
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : On Christmas Day in the Morn, for chorus
  • Performer: Extol Handbell Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Form: Christmas

>Wade, John Francis : O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste fideles)
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1751

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 2
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Darke, Harold Edwin : In the Bleak Midwinter
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 5 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 19th Century

>Traditional, Christmas : The Holly and the Ivy (English)
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1710

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 2
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Mathias, William : Nativity Carol, for chorus & organ, Op. 77/3
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1978

>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1840

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 2
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Malcolm, George : Missa ad Praesepe (Mass at the Crib), for chorus & organ
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 9 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Gruber, Franz : Silent Night
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1818

>Word, Spoken : Scripture Reading :: Matthew 2
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Traditional, Christmas : Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (W zlobie lezy)
  • Conductor: Elizabeth Patterson
  • Ensemble: Gloriae Dei Cantores
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post-Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: by 1921