Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Oscar Peterson (piano); Ray Brown (bass).
Recorded in Los Angeles, California on May 19, 1975. Includes liner notes by Benny Green.
Digitally remastered using 20-bit K2 Super Coding System technology.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Oscar Peterson (piano).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Tad Hershorn.
Recording information: Los Angeles (05/19/1975).
Although Ella Fitzgerald worked in many different settings, from big bands to guitar-and-voice duets to sets with nearly every piano player in the business (from Duke Ellington on down), one could make a case that her best recordings were made with Oscar Peterson and his small bands. Released in 1976, Ella and Oscar is one of those classic recordings, an album that's as spare and intimate as any that the pair ever issued. In fact, the only other performer featured on this set is Peterson's longtime bassist Ray Brown, whose contributions are minimal. These songs, from the mellifluous "Mean to Me" to a languid "April in Paris," are simple and beautiful.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Duke: The Last Jam Session [DVD] (Ellington Edward Kennedy)
- Ella & Basie The Perfect Match '79 (Basie, Count)
- Les 5 Plus Grandes Divas Du Jazz [Box] (Washington, Dinah)
- The Stockholm Concert, 1966 (Ellington Edward Kennedy)
- Ella and Basie! [Remaster] (Basie, Count)
- To Ella with Love (Callaway, Ann Hampton)
- Ella & Duke at the Cote D'Azur (Ellington Edward Kennedy)
- Stockholm Concert (Ellington Edward Kennedy)