- Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord)
- Elisabeth Kenny (Theorbo)
- Jonathan Rubin (Theorbo)
- David Simpson (Cello)
- Anne-Marie Lasla (Bass Viola da gamba)
Notes & Reviews:
" ... first-hand knowledge of the full literary context is reflected in the aplomb, confidence and sheer artistry of Christie's characterizations ... All the best numbers are magically conjured, atmospheric and distinctive: 'Fairest isle' is given a show stopping, moving rendering by Veronique Gens. ... The soloists are of a very high quality and the articulation of the orchestral numbers is often revelatory. Arguably, this is the most exciting and accomplished new Purcell recording to have appeared during an abundant tercentenary year." - GramophoneNotes & Reviews:
Recording information: Salle Berthier, Paris (1995-02-21_1995-02-22&1995-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPurcell, Henry : King Arthur, or The British Worthy, Z 628
- Performers: Laurence Cummings [Conductor/Harpsichord] (Harpsichord); Elisabeth Kenny (Theorbo); Jonathan Rubin (Theorbo); David Simpson (Cello); Anne-Marie Lasla (Bass Viola da gamba)
- Conductor: William Christie
- Notes: Salle Berthier, Paris (1995-02-21_1995-02-22&1995-)
- Running Time: 71 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 1691