1 800 222 6872

Richter: Sonatas for Flute, Harpsichord and Cello, Vol. 1

> Sonata No. 1 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in D major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 2) - I. Allegretto
> Sonata No. 1 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in D major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 2) - II. Larghetto [poco andante]
> Sonata No. 1 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in D major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 2) - III. Presto ma non troppo
> Sonata No. 2 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in G major (revised 1764 edition from 1763 collection, No. 3) - I. Andante
> Sonata No. 2 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in G major (revised 1764 edition from 1763 collection, No. 3) - II. Larghetto
> Sonata No. 2 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in G major (revised 1764 edition from 1763 collection, No. 3) - III. Allegro ma non troppo
> Sonata No. 3 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in A major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 6) - I. Andante affetuoso
> Sonata No. 3 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in A major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 6) - II. Larghetto
> Sonata No. 3 for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in A major (revised 1764 edition from 1759 collection, No. 6) - III. Fugato

Album Summary

>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in D major
>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for flute, cello & harpsichord in G major, Op. 2/3
>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for flute, cello & harpsichord in A major, Op. 2/6
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Franz Xaver Richter's Sonate da camera have many of the same musical characteristics that make his symphonies so distinctive: ingenious part-writing, rich, expressive harmonies and delightfully unexpected melodic twists. Probably composed by Richter in the late 1750s, these remarkable works are firmly rooted in the Baroque trio sonata tradition yet contain subtle echoes of the new musical language being developed by his colleagues in the famous Mannheim court orchestra.

American Record Guide
... the playing is nuanced, with drama and playfulness. I found some moments breathtaking.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St Peter's Church, Siuntio, Finland (02/09/2009-02/11/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for Flute, Cello and Harpsichord in D major
  • Performers: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord); Heidi Peltoniemi (Cello); Pauliina Fred (Flute)
  • Notes: St Peter's Church, Siuntio, Finland (02/09/2009-02/11/2009)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for flute, cello & harpsichord in G major, Op. 2/3
  • Performers: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord); Heidi Peltoniemi (Cello); Pauliina Fred (Flute)
  • Notes: St Peter's Church, Siuntio, Finland (02/09/2009-02/11/2009)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Richter, Franz Xaver : Sonata for flute, cello & harpsichord in A major, Op. 2/6
  • Performers: Aapo Häkkinen (Harpsichord); Heidi Peltoniemi (Cello); Pauliina Fred (Flute)
  • Notes: St Peter's Church, Siuntio, Finland (02/09/2009-02/11/2009)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical