- Ruggero Raimondi (Bass)
- Anna di Stasio (Mezzo Soprano)
- Mario Rinaudo (Bass)
- Umberto Grilli (Tenor)
- Fernando Jacopucci (Tenor)
- Renata Scotto (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
This 1969 live performance from Rome has been issued before and greatly admired as one of the best-ever readings of the opera, but is now reissued for the first time with a complete, newly translated Italian-English libretto and in-depth notes and essays, at mid-price. I Lombardi was Verdi’s fourth opera, and his first to be performed in the US. Long neglected, it has become popular again in recent years for its high spirits and frequent moments of great musical beauty.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Rome (1969).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsVerdi, Giuseppe : I lombardi
- Performers: Ruggero Raimondi (Bass); Anna di Stasio (Mezzo Soprano); Mario Rinaudo (Bass); Umberto Grilli (Tenor); Fernando Jacopucci (Tenor); Renata Scotto (Soprano)
- Conductor: Gianandrea Gavazzeni
- Running Time: 106 min. 37 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1843