1 800 222 6872

Bach Fantasy

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude (Fantasia), for keyboard in A minor, BWV 922 (BC L141)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue in A minor, BWV 904
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fughetta, for keyboard in F major, BWV 901 (BC L78)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Capriccio in B flat major on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother, BWV 992
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude, Fugue and Allegro for Lute in E flat major, BWV 998
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Adagio, for keyboard in G major, BWV 968 (BC L185)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fughetta in G major, BWV 902
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 894
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria Variata in a, BWV 989 "In the Italian Style"
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

As harpsichordist, conductor and musical director of the ensemble Les Talens Lyriques, Christophe Rousset is one of today’s finest interpreters of Baroque music. His first recording for Aparté, devoted to Louis Couperin, was received most enthusiastically by public and critics alike, and collected many distinctions in the international press. This new disc features a selection of both little-known works and standards by the great J.S. Bach. Rousset plays these pieces on the Ruckers harpsichord of Neuchâtel, one of the finest in the world.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Musée d'art et d'histoire de Neuchâtel (Switzerland) (07/2009).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude (Fantasia), for keyboard in A minor, BWV 922 (BC L141)
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1714

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia and Fugue in A minor, BWV 904
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fughetta, for keyboard in F major, BWV 901 (BC L78)
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Capriccio in B flat major on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother, BWV 992
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1705

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude, Fugue and Allegro for Lute in E flat major, BWV 998
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1740-1745

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Adagio, for keyboard in G major, BWV 968 (BC L185)
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: after 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fughetta in G major, BWV 902
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 894
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1715-1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aria Variata in a, BWV 989 "In the Italian Style"
  • Performer: Christophe Rousset (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Composition written: By 1710.
  • Running Time: 12 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1710