- Narbutaite — Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae: I. Introitus $0.99 on iTunes
- Narbutaite — Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae: II. Symphonia prima: Angelus Domini
- Narbutaite — Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae: III. Symphonia secunda: Bethleem
- Narbutaite — Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae: IV. Symphonia tertia: Mater Dolorosa
- Narbutaite — Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae: V. Oratio $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
The eloquent, expressive music of Lithuanian neo-romantic composer Onute Narbutaite is noted for its sense of aristocratic poise and strong compositional discipline. Her Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae is not a conventional oratorio but a symphony with choir which embraces the Revelation, the Birth of Jesus and the Crucifixion in settings of the Ave Mara, Gloria, Stabat Mater and Hildegard von Bingen's O clarissima Mater. The effect is of hearing something both deeply familiar and eternally new.
American Record Guide
Performances are excellent: the two combined choirs consistently produce a wide array of bewitching sonic textures, delivered with admirable technical facility. The terrific orchestra delivers everything from huge granitic blocks of sound to bright and tinkly details. Naxos sees to solid engineering that captures every note and nuance, and the sonic textures and details make for a mind-blowing listening experience, particularly on a good set of headphones. The rather succinct notes are nevertheless quite useful - and, this time, Naxos has seen fit to supply texts, so you won't have to go online.
Recording information: Lithuanian National Philharmonic Hall, Vilnius, Lithuan (06/14/2008).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Taneyev: String Quartets Nos. 2 & 4 / Carpe Diem String Quartet
Fuchs: Serenades Nos. 1 & 2 / Cologne CO
Ronald Corp: String Quartets / Maggini Qrt.
Alexander Shchetynsky: Sacred Music from Ukraine
18th Century American Overture
Michael Daugherty: Route 66
Rolla: Sonatas for Viola and Piano
Charles Wuorinen: Chamber Music / Peter Serkin
David L. Post: String Quartets Nos. 2-4
Works DetailsOnuté Narbutaite (1956 - ) : Tres Dei Matris Symphoniae, for chorus & orchestra
- Conductor: Robertas Servenikas
- Running Time: 61 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Written: 2002-2003