1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: 10 Symphonies / Morris

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 10 in E flat major (realized & completed by Barry Cooper)
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

A must-have five-disc set containing brilliant presentations of all of Beethoven's symphonies, including his unfinished Tenth Symphony (realized by Dr. Barry Cooper). While the rarity of the Tenth Symphony in itself makes this set quite desirable, dazzling performances by Morris and the London Symphony Orchestra and handsome packaging will appeal to all. The "Independent" hailed Wyn Morris as "one of the finest conductors that Britain has produced." These performances, infused with energy and passion, eloquently convey the music's romantic heart and the portrait of a composer whose mature artistic vision was decades ahead of his time.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: 1988/1989.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 24 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 52 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 34 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 42 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 34 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 39 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 32 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 25 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 10 in E flat major (realized & completed by Barry Cooper)
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Conductor: Wyn Morris
  • Notes: 1988-89; 1988/89
  • Running Time: 53 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824