1 800 222 6872

Tokarev plays Liszt

Audio Samples

>Liszt, Franz : Transcendental Etudes (12) for Piano, S 139
>Liszt, Franz : Étude d'exécution transcendante no 10 in F minor
>Liszt, Franz : Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke, S 514 "Mephisto Waltz no 1"
>Liszt, Franz : Reminiscences de Don Juan (Mozart), S 418
>     Don Giovanni), S. 418 (LW A80)
>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447
>     Schluászene aus Tristan und Isolde, transcription for piano (after Wagner), S. 4
>Rosenblatt, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 1

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Transcendental Etudes (12) for Piano, S 139
>Liszt, Franz : Étude d'exécution transcendante no 10 in F minor
>Liszt, Franz : Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke, S 514 "Mephisto Waltz no 1"
>Liszt, Franz : Reminiscences de Don Juan (Mozart), S 418
>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447
>Rosenblatt, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 1
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The music world loves to marvel at the skill of Wunderkinds; many of today's stars like Lang Lang were acknowledged to have outstanding talent around the age of 16. Looking back at the precision and dedication of the young Nikolai Tokarev performing concerts at 14 or 15, we can only rejoice and marvel at his virtuosity! The present recordings of the 13- and 14-year-old Tokarev, made for his first concert tours to Japan in 1997/1998 and 2000, demonstrate his talent in a most impressive manner.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Transcendental Etudes (12) for Piano, S 139
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Liszt, Franz : Étude d'exécution transcendante no 10 in F minor
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Liszt, Franz : Transcendental Etudes (12) for Piano, S 139
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1851

>Liszt, Franz : Der Tanz in der Dorfschenke, S 514 "Mephisto Waltz no 1"
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1859-1862

>Liszt, Franz : Réminiscences de Don Juan (Mozart), S 418 :: Don Giovanni), S. 418 (LW A80)
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1841

>Liszt, Franz : Isolde's "Liebestod" from Wagner's "Tristan", S 447 :: Schluászene aus Tristan und Isolde, transcription for piano (after Wagner), S. 4
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1867

>Rosenblatt, Alexander : Sonata for Piano no 1
  • Performer: Nikolai Tokarev (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary