- René Pape (Bass)
- Anton Scharinger (Bass)
- David Schrader (Fortepiano)
- John Sharp (Cello)
- Ruth Ziesak (Soprano)
- Joseph Guastafeste (Double Bass)
- Herbert Lippert (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
"Georg Solti, a master of the orchestra in his own right, is the star [of this album], striking a fine balance between the lightweight, angular approach of "Authentic" ensembles and the devotional density of postromantic practice. The tempos flow, but grandeur receives its full due." -Opera News
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHaydn, Franz Joseph : Die Schöpfung (The Creation), oratorio, H. 21/2
- Performers: Joseph Guastafeste (Double Bass); Herbert Lippert (Tenor); René Pape (Bass); Anton Scharinger (Bass); David Schrader (Fortepiano); John Sharp (Cello); Ruth Ziesak (Soprano)
- Conductor: Margaret Hills
- Ensemble: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1798.
- Running Time: 90 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Cantata/Oratorio
- Written: 1798