1 800 222 6872

Beethoven: Symphonies / Czech PO

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music to Goethe's tragedy, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Those who have taken up the challenge to record the complete Beethoven Symphonies include Polsih-born conductor Paul Kletzki. He was the principal conductor of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra for a year and after his debut in Philadelphia went on to conduct the leading American and European orchestras. This remarkable complete recording of Beethoven's symphonies was made during Kletzki's performances with the Czech Philharmonic in 1967.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Rudolfinum, Prague.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 25 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 32 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 47 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music to Goethe's tragedy, Op. 84 :: Overture
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 8 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 33 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 31 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 43 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 8 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 36 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 25 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Conductor: Paul Kletzki
  • Running Time: 42 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824