Notes & Reviews:
Devisadero features the original compositions of New Mexico-based composer Christopher Shultis. Through woodwinds, percussion and piano, Shultis is able to vividly describe the New Mexican wilderness and the significance of its beauty. His compositions invite the listener to experience not only the sound of the music, but what we see and think, and especially, how we breathe.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsShultis, Christopher : Openings, for wind ensemble
- Conductor: Eric Rombach-Kendall
- Running Time: 14 min. 14 sec.
- Written: 2004-2007
Shultis, Christopher : Songs of Love and Longing, for voice & piano
- Performers: Leslie Umphrey (Soprano); Falko Steinbach (Piano)
- Running Time: 10 min. 47 sec.
- Form: Vocal
- Written: 07/08/2003
Shultis, Christopher : A Little Light, in Darkness, for soprano saxophone & ensemble
- Performer: Carrie Koffman
- Ensemble: New Mexico Winds
- Running Time: 14 min. 49 sec.
- Written: 1995-2000
Shultis, Christopher : Devisadero, for piano
- Performer: Falko Steinbach (Piano)
- Running Time: 11 min. 35 sec.
- Written: 2002-2007
Unspecified : [CD-ROM Track]
- Period Time: Modern