- Michael Chanu (Double Bass)
- Gaetano Nasillo (Cello)
- Chiara Banchini (Violin)
- Jorg-Andreas Botticher (Harpsichord)
- David Courvoisier (Viola)
- Conrad Steinmann (Recorder)
- Stephanie Pfister (Violin)
- Karl-Ernst Schröder (Theorbo)
Notes & Reviews:
"What kind of flute was Vivaldi's 'flauto' in reality?" Thanks to the ensemble's thirst for knowledge and spirited music-making, Vivaldi's works can now be heard with new freshness. No fewer than six differently bored and tuned instruments were used in this recording. "Two Layers" of SACD offers 2 discs with the same musical contents but different standards: 1 CD in traditional stereo and an SACD-HD-Layer with the aurophonic multi-channel signal. "Giorno e Notte" - day and night.
Marvellous music, then, and marvellous playing...