- Lidia Nerozzi (Soprano)
- Enzo Sordello (Baritone)
- Renata Tebaldi (Voice)
- Paolo Washington (Bass)
- Carlo Bergonzi (Voice)
- Virgilio Carbonari (Baritone)
- Michele Cazzato (Baritone)
- Fiorenza Cossotto (Mezzo Soprano)
- Angelo Mercuriali (Tenor)
- Oscar Nanni (Bass)
Notes & Reviews:
"Sensitive and beautifully-paced reading finds Tebaldi at her most radiant... Her singing is consistently rich and beautiful, breathtakingly so in passages like the one where she tells Pinkerton she has changed her religion." -Penguin Guide
A breathtaking presentation of one of the world's most beloved operas, a classic recording given a rave three star review by the Penguin Guide. Tebaldi, Bergonzi and Sordello are at the peak of their abilities, making this a truly memorable rendition of the Puccini classic. Accompanied by famed conductor Tullio Serafin and the Chorus and Orchestra of the Accademia Santa Cecilia in Rome.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: 1958.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Smetana: String Quartets Nos. 1 & 2; Suk
Sibelius: Symphony No. 1; Finlandia / Alexander Gibson
20th Century Flute Concerti: Nielsen, Poulenc, Honegger, Ibert / Stinton
Renata Tebaldi Sings Puccini & Verdi Favourites
Khachaturian: Cello Concertos / Tarasova, cello
Anthology II of Czech Piano Music / Radoslav Kvapil, piano
Beethoven: Piano Sonatas Nos. 3, 4, 27 / Sviatoslav Richter
Manuel de Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain / Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, Raquel Lojendio
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Madama Butterfly
- Performers: Carlo Bergonzi (Voice); Virgilio Carbonari (Baritone); Michele Cazzato (Baritone); Fiorenza Cossotto (Mezzo Soprano); Angelo Mercuriali (Tenor); Oscar Nanni (Bass); Lidia Nerozzi (Soprano); Enzo Sordello (Baritone); Renata Tebaldi (Voice); Paolo Washington (Bass)
- Conductor: Tullio Serafin
- Notes: Composition written: 1904.
- Running Time: 103 min. 49 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1904