The Marriage of Heaven and Hell / Chorus sine nomine

Audio Samples

>Holten, Bo : Schall und Rauch und Rosenstrauch, for chorus
>Barber, Samuel : Agnus Dei
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (3) for chorus, Op. 42
>Mahler, Gustav : Die zwei blauen Augen, song for low voice & piano (or orchestra) (Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen No
>Bruckner, Anton : Sinfonie Nr. 7
>     Denn er hat seinen Engeln befohlen
>Norgård, Per : Wiigen-Lied, for chorus (from "Wie ein Kind")
>Schoenberg, Arnold : Friede auf Erden, Op. 13

Album Summary

>Holten, Bo : Schall und Rauch und Rosenstrauch, for chorus
>Barber, Samuel : Agnus Dei
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (3) for chorus, Op. 42
>Mahler, Gustav : Die zwei blauen Augen, song for low voice & piano (or orchestra) (Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen No
>Bruckner, Anton : Sinfonie Nr. 7
>Norgård, Per : Wiigen-Lied, for chorus (from "Wie ein Kind")
>Schoenberg, Arnold : Friede auf Erden, Op. 13
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Opposites attract - and even more, they enrich one another. Against this background, a cappella works by Brahms, Mahler, Bruckner, Schoenberg, Samuel Barber, Bo Holten, and Per Nørgård are highlights of human existence, telling of life's bright and dark sides and of the yearning for what we believe we know of heaven.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Hochschulkirche St. Ursula, Vienna.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Holten, Bo : Schall und Rauch und Rosenstrauch, for chorus
  • Performers: Katrin Kriegl (Alto); Florian Ehrlinger (Alto); Theresa Dlouhy (Alto)
  • Conductor: Johannes Hiemetsberger
  • Ensemble: Chorus Sine Nomine
  • Running Time: 11 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Barber, Samuel : Agnus Dei
  • Performer: Barbara Achammer
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1967

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (3) for chorus, Op. 42
  • Notes: Hochschulkirche St. Ursula, Vienna (01/22/2010-01/24/2010); Hochschulkirche St. Ursula, Vienna (04/28/2010)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1859-1861

>Mahler, Gustav : Die zwei blauen Augen, song for low voice & piano (or orchestra) (Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen No
  • Running Time: 4 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: ?12/1883-?/1885

>Bruckner, Anton : Sinfonie Nr. 7 :: Denn er hat seinen Engeln befohlen
  • Notes: Hochschulkirche St. Ursula, Vienna (01/22/2010-01/24/2010)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1881-1883

>Per Norgård (1932 - ) : Wiigen-Lied, for chorus (from "Wie ein Kind")
  • Performers: Christiane Fischer; Malte Puls
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1980

>Schoenberg, Arnold : Friede auf Erden, Op. 13
  • Running Time: 8 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1907