1 800 222 6872

Bach: The Complete Flute Sonatas / Lisa Beznosiuk, Paul Nicholson, Richard Tunnicliffe

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute & continuo in E minor, BWV 1034
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for 2 flutes & continuo in G major, BWV 1039
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in B minor, BWV 1030
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E major, BWV 1035
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute (or violin) & keyboard in G minor (by C.P.E. Bach, not JSB), BWV 1020
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute & keyboard in C major, BWV 1033
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Nicholson, Tunnicliffe, and Kenny engage with Beznosiuk and her musical ideas, creating excellent chamber music" -American Record Guide

"The playing of the accompanying ensemble shares the distinction of the flautist ... congratulations are well deserved all round" -Early Music Review

"Beznosiuk plays accurately, with a huge dark sound and an easy-going fluency that makes these difficult pieces sound as easy as the first lessons in a Suzuki method class ... this is a good, solid version of these fundamental works" - Fanfare

"These are performances I am going to be returning to again and again" -International Record Review

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute & continuo in E minor, BWV 1034
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord); Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1032
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Flute solo in A minor, BWV 1013
  • Performer: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 18 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722-1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for 2 flutes & continuo in G major, BWV 1039
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Rachel Brown (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord); Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736-1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in B minor, BWV 1030
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736-1737

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E major, BWV 1035
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Elizabeth Kenny (Archlute); Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute (or violin) & keyboard in G minor (by C.P.E. Bach, not JSB), BWV 1020
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for flute & keyboard in C major, BWV 1033
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord); Richard Tunnicliffe (Cello)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1736

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Flute and Harpsichord in E flat major, BWV 1031
  • Performers: Lisa Beznosiuk (Flute); Paul Nicholson (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Walcot Hall, Shropshire (2000-09-12_2000-09-14&2001-)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1734