- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Sinfonia $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 2: Cavatina: Chi mai trova il dritto, il fondo (Mill) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 2: Recitativo: Ma, signore, questa lettera (Norton, Mill, Clarina) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 3: Recitativo: Si, cara mia, speriam: fra pochi giorni (Edoardo, Fanny) - Scene 4: Avete voi veduto (Norton, Fanny) - $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 6: Cavatina: Grazie â€¦ grazie â€¦ (Slook, Fanny, Clarina, Edoardo, Mill) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 6: Recitativo: Sicche dunque istruitemi (Slook, Fanny, Mill, Edoardo, Norton) - Scene 7: Servo! (Slook, Fanny) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 7: Duetto: Darei per si bel fondo (Slook, Fanny) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 9: Recitativo: Non si fara (Norton, Clarina) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 10: Recitativo: Eccolo appunto: pare pensieroso (Norton, Slook) - Scene 11: Ipotecato! (Slook, Mill) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 11: Dite presto, dove sta (Mill, Slook) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 12: Recitativo: Venite, sono andati (Clarina, Fanny, Edoardo) - Scene 13: Bravi! (Slook, Fanny, Edoardo) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Scene 13: Aria: Come tacer, come frenare i moti (Fanny) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rossini — La cambiale di matrimonio: Final Scene: Vi prego (Edoardo, Mill, Slook, Clarina, Fanny, Norton) $0.99 on iTunes
- Massimiliano Tanzini (Harpsichord)
Notes & Reviews:
The plot of La cambiale di matrimonio (The Bill of Marriage), which Rossini composed when he was just eighteen years old, revolves around the farcical attempts of Tobia Mill, a rich English merchant, to combine business with pleasure by forcing his daughter, the lovely Fanny ('merchandise') to marry Slook, his rich colonial correspondent from America, by means of a bill of exchange.
This is Rossini's first-ever performed (and second composed) opera, performed by an international cast of musicians, including American Christopher Franklin conducting the German Württemberg Philharmonic Orchestra. The overture sounds a bit skimpy, which could be due to a smaller orchestra or a recording quality that is not optimal. The musicians are, however, keen in their sense of phrasing, and the little runs in the winds are brought out nicely. They play with excellent timing and rhythm and with clear dynamic contrasts... there are many good ingredients here, a cast of talented musicians and a musically sensitive orchestra. The performance is enjoyable instead of greatly entertaining.
La cambiale di matrimonio is an opera well worth experiencing, not only because it began Rossini's career in the theater but because it is very enjoyable in its own right... This production was recorded live... It employs a young, lively cast that brings much spirit to the recording
The secco recitatives are played with rather more panache in the Pesaro staging but the Wildbad production is lively enough. The rapturous reception at the final curtain is testament to that.
This is a lively and involving account of Rossini's first opera. Whilst not perfect, it does bring out the comic drama of the piece and is certainly a fine addition to the expanding list of Rossini operas on Naxos.
Recording information: Kursaal, Bad Wildbad, Germany (2006-07-08&2006-07-14&2006-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Respighi: Violin Concerto, Suite For Strings, Aria / Marzadori, Di Vittorio
Joseph Schwantner: Chasing Light / Guerrero, Nashville Symphony Orchestra
Hummel at the Opera / Madoka Inui
Casella: Symphony No 3, Elegia Eroica / La Vecchia, Rome SO
Scharwenka: Piano Concerto No 4, Polish National Dances / Poizat, Borowicz
Pierre Rode: 12 Etudes For Violin Solo, Duos For 2 Violins / N. & R. Koeckert
Ferdinand Ries: Complete Sonatas & Sonatinas, Vol. 5 / Susan Kagan
Benguerel - Concertante, Music For Percussion And Strings, Porta Ferrada
Louis Karchin: Romulus / Karchin, Thurman, Ebel, Meglioranza, Wilbur
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : La cambiale di matrimonio (The Marriage Contract), opera
- Performer: Massimiliano Tanzini (Harpsichord)
- Conductor: Christopher Franklin
- Ensemble: Württenberg Philharmonic Orchestra
- Notes: Kursaal, Bad Wildbad, Germany (2006-07-08&2006-07-14&2006-)
- Running Time: 68 min. 5 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1810