1 800 222 6872

Liszt: Complete Music for Solo Piano Vol 31 / Leslie Howard

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, Valses caprices d'après Schubert (9), transcription for piano, S. 427 (LW A131)
>Liszt, Franz : Melodies hongroises (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 818) , S. 425 (LW A48)
>Liszt, Franz : Die Rose (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 745a), S. 556i (LW A17)
>Liszt, Franz : Der Gondelfahrer, transcription for piano (Schubert, D. 809), S. 559 (LW A46)
>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (II; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6ii
>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Melodies (3) (Schubert, D 818) for Piano, S 425 no 2
>Liszt, Franz : Schuberts Märsche (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 819 & 968b), S. 426 (LW A123)
>Liszt, Franz : Marche Militaire--Grande paraphrase de concert, S. 426a
>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (II), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2ii
>Liszt, Franz : Ave Maria, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 489c & D. 839, I & II), S. 558/12 & S. 557d (L
>Liszt, Franz : La Sérénade, transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 957/4), S. 559a
>Liszt, Franz : Erlkönig (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 328d), S. 557a
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

'His devotion, consistency of playing, and stamina continue to amaze me. And his program notes alone are worth the price' (Classical Pulse!, USA)

'A must for all lovers of Schubert and followers of Liszt's devotion to him' (Yorkshire Evening Post)

'His idiomatic grasp and utter reliability remain as admirable as in earlier instalments. Excellent sonics and informative notes by the performer' (American Record Guide)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, Valses caprices d'après Schubert (9), transcription for piano, S. 427 (LW A131)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 75 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1846-1852

>Liszt, Franz : Melodies hongroises (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 818) , S. 425 (LW A48)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 47 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Liszt, Franz : Die Rose (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 745a), S. 556i (LW A17)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1833

>Liszt, Franz : Der Gondelfahrer, transcription for piano (Schubert, D. 809), S. 559 (LW A46)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1882-1883

>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (II; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6ii
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Liszt, Franz : Hungarian Melodies (3) (Schubert, D 818) for Piano, S 425 no 2
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 7 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Liszt, Franz : Schuberts Märsche (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 819 & 968b), S. 426 (LW A123)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 44 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1846

>Liszt, Franz : Marche Militaire--Grande paraphrase de concert, S. 426a
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 5 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1886

>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (II), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2ii
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1841

>Liszt, Franz : Ave Maria, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 489c & D. 839, I & II), S. 558/12 & S. 557d (L
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 7 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1838

>Liszt, Franz : La Sérénade, transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 957/4), S. 559a
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838

>Liszt, Franz : Erlkönig (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 328d), S. 557a
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994/03/04/1994
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1838