Very Best of Nathan Milstein

Audio Samples

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Solo Partita no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004
>     5. Chaconne
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Sonata for Violin and Basso Continuo in A major, Op. 2 no 2/RV 31
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin no 17 in C, K. 296
>     1. Allegro vivace
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 61
>     3. Rondo
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin no 9 in A, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>     3. Finale
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 77
>     3. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo vivace
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 35
>     1. Allegro moderato
>Dvorak, Antonin : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 53
>     2. Adagio ma non troppo
>Glazunov, Alexander : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 82
>     3. Animando - Allegro - Piú animando
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Concerto for Violin in D minor
>     1. Allegro molto appassionato
>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Concerto for Violin no 1 in G minor, Op. 26
>     2. Adagio
>     3. Finale
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")
>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in D minor, WoO 1/2

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Solo Partita no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004
>Vivaldi, Antonio : Sonata for Violin and Basso Continuo in A major, Op. 2 no 2/RV 31
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin no 17 in C, K. 296
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 61
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin no 9 in A, Op. 47 "Kreutzer"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 77
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 35
>Dvorak, Antonin : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 53
>Glazunov, Alexander : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 82
>Saint-Saëns, Camille : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Concerto for Violin in D minor
>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Concerto for Violin no 1 in G minor, Op. 26
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")
>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in D minor, WoO 1/2
Performers Conductors Ensemble
  • >
Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita for Violin solo no 1 in B minor, BWV 1002
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Solo Partita no 2 in D minor, BWV 1004 :: 5. Chaconne
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Notes: Capitol Studio A, 46th Street, New York (03/23/1954-03/24/1954)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Vivaldi, Antonio : Sonata for Violin and Basso Continuo in A major, Op. 2 no 2/RV 31
  • Performers: Leon Pommers (Piano); Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1716

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Violin no 17 in C, K. 296 :: 1. Allegro vivace
  • Performers: Leon Pommers (Piano); Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Notes: Capitol Studio A, 46th Street, New York (1958-01-21&1958-01-25&1958-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1778

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 61 :: 3. Rondo
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: William Steinberg
  • Running Time: 8 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1806

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata for Violin no 9 in A, Op. 47 "Kreutzer" :: 3. Finale
  • Performers: Artur Balsam (Piano); Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Notes: Capitol Studio A, 46th Street, New York (12/27/1957/12/30/1957)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802-1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Romance for Violin and Orchestra no 2 in F major, Op. 50
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Anatole Fistoulari
  • Notes: No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (06/01/1964-06/02/1964)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1802

>Brahms, Johannes : Concerto for Violin in D major, Op. 77 :: 3. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo vivace
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Anatole Fistoulari
  • Notes: No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (06/23/1960-06/24/1960)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1878

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Concerto for Violin in D, Op. 35 :: 1. Allegro moderato
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: William Steinberg
  • Running Time: 17 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1878

>Antonin Dvorák (1841 - 1904) : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 53 :: 2. Adagio ma non troppo
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: William Steinberg
  • Notes: Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh (04/16/1957-04/17/1957)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto

>Glazunov, Alexander : Concerto for Violin in A minor, Op. 82 :: 3. Animando - Allegro - Piú animando
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: William Steinberg
  • Running Time: 5 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1904

>Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921) : Havanaise for Violin and Orchestra in E major, Op. 83
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Walter Susskind
  • Notes: Manhattan Center, New York (02/24/1960-02/26/1960)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1863

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Concerto for Violin in D minor :: 1. Allegro molto appassionato
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Leon Barzin
  • Notes: No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (10/01/1959-10/03/1959)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 09/16/1844

>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Concerto for Violin no 1 in G minor, Op. 26 :: 2. Adagio
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Leon Barzin
  • Notes: No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (10/01/1959-10/03/1959)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1864-1867

>Bruch, Max [Composer] : Concerto for Violin no 1 in G minor, Op. 26 :: 3. Finale
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Conductor: Leon Barzin
  • Notes: No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (10/01/1959-10/03/1959)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1864-1867

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Flight of the Bumblebee
  • Performer: Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1901

>Massenet, Jules : Meditation (from "Thaïs")
  • Performers: Leon Pommers (Piano); Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Brahms, Johannes : Hungarian Dance for piano, 4 hands, in D minor, WoO 1/2
  • Performers: Leon Pommers (Piano); Nathan Milstein (Violin)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1858-1868