- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": I. Allegro maestoso
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": II. Andante moderato
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": III. In ruhig fließender Bewegung
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": IV. Urlicht. Sehr feierlich, aber schlicht $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": V. Im Tempo des Scherzo. Im Tempo des Scherzos - Wild herausfahren
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": V. Im Tempo des Scherzo. Langsam - Misterioso $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor, "Resurrection": V. Im Tempo des Scherzo. Etwas bewegter $0.99 on iTunes
- Adriana Kucerova (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
The London Philharmonic Orchestra has a long heritage with Mahler's symphonies cemented in a mid-European tradition through Tennstedt's work with the Orchestra in the 1980s and early 1990s. Jurowski has waited longer than many conductors before tackling Mahler because to conduct Mahler is "to touch on something that is for me extremely precious and personal".
Recorded live at London's Southbank Centre's Royal Festival Hall in September 2009, Mahler's Second Symphony is a compelling start to Jurowski's documentation of this great composer. The conductor's approach fully reveals the dynamic extremes in Mahler, emphasizing Jurowski's sensitivity and control.
"This epic journey from dark to light is hardly short of recordings, but this live one can hold its head up high. The soloists are superb, and the LPO plays beautifully for Jurowski, who shows a total mastery of pacing. The huge narrative of the finale can easily sag, but here it leads unerringly to the magical choral entry." -The Telegraph****Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Royal Festival Hall, London (09/25/2009-09/26/2009).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 4; Piano Concerto No. 5
Schubert: Symphony No. 6 / Hans Gál: Symphony No. 1
Hans Gál: Symphony No. 3; Schumann: Symphony No. 3 / Woods
Carl Loewe: Lieder
Heinrich Schutz: Musicalishche Exequien
Scharwenka: Piano Concerto No 4, Polish National Dances / Poizat, Borowicz
Mozart: Divertimento In E Flat / Kraggerud, Tomter, Richter
Jefferson Friedman: Quartets
Conversazioni I: Cantatas from a Cardinal's Court / Andrew Radley, countertenor
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Performer: Adriana Kucerova (Soprano)
- Conductor: Vladimir Jurowski
- Ensemble: London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 68 min. 16 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894