- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: II. Molto vivace
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: III. Adagio molto e cantabile
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125: IV. Finale. Presto - Allegro assai
Notes & Reviews:
The Dresden Staatskapelle has a very special tradition of performing Ludwig van Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. It performed the then still highly controversial work for the first time in August 1838 under the baton of Johann Gottlieb Reissiger. Since 1900, the piece has been performed yearly on Palm Sunday, having been popularized by Richard Wagner in 1843.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Conductor: Herbert Blomstedt
- Ensemble: Dresden Staatskapelle
- Running Time: 46 min. 26 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824