1 800 222 6872

The Best of Angel Voices / St. Philip's Boys Choir

Audio Samples

>Traditional, English : For the Beauty of the Earth
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hear my prayer
>Traditional, Quaker : How Can I Keep From Singing? (My Life Flows On), song
>Fauré, Gabriel : Requiem
>     Pie Jesu
>Sutherland, Gavin : Sailing
>Newton, John : Amazing Grace
>Ryan, Roma : Evening Falls, song
>Rutter, John : All Things Bright and Beautiful for chorus & orchestra
>Sibelius, Jean : Be Still, My Soul, hymn (based on Finlandia)
>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
>Goss, John : Hymn
>Webber, Andrew L : Close Every Door, song (for the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat)
>Monk, William Henry : Abide with me
>     Eventide)
>Solo, Sal : Adoramus te, for boys' chorus
>Evans, David J. : Be Still, for the Presence of the Lord, hymn for chorus
>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)

Album Summary

>Traditional, English : For the Beauty of the Earth
>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hear my prayer
>Traditional, Quaker : How Can I Keep From Singing? (My Life Flows On), song
>Fauré, Gabriel : Requiem
>Sutherland, Gavin : Sailing
>Newton, John : Amazing Grace
>Ryan, Roma : Evening Falls, song
>Rutter, John : All Things Bright and Beautiful for chorus & orchestra
>Sibelius, Jean : Be Still, My Soul, hymn (based on Finlandia)
>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
>Goss, John : Hymn
>Webber, Andrew L : Close Every Door, song (for the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat)
>Monk, William Henry : Abide with me
>Solo, Sal : Adoramus te, for boys' chorus
>Evans, David J. : Be Still, for the Presence of the Lord, hymn for chorus
>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Traditional, English : For the Beauty of the Earth
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Daren Geraghty (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Hear my prayer
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/25/1844

>Traditional, Quaker : How Can I Keep From Singing? (My Life Flows On), song
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 12 sec.

>Gabriel Fauré (1845 - 1924) : Requiem :: Pie Jesu
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1887-1900

>Sutherland, Gavin : Sailing
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Newton, John : Amazing Grace
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Notes: Composition written: 1779.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1779

>Ryan, Roma : Evening Falls, song
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Daren Geraghty (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.

>Rutter, John : All Things Bright and Beautiful for chorus & orchestra
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1983

>Sibelius, Jean : Be Still, My Soul, hymn (based on Finlandia)
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Burgon, Geoffrey : Nunc dimittis, for chorus, trumpet & organ
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Daren Geraghty (Voice)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Written: 1979

>Goss, John : Hymn
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1869

>Webber, Andrew L : Close Every Door, song (for the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat)
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Boy Soprano); Liam O'Kane (Boy Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1970

>Monk, William Henry : Abide with me :: Eventide)
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1861

>Solo, Sal : Adoramus te, for boys' chorus
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Evans, David J. : Be Still, for the Presence of the Lord, hymn for chorus
  • Performers: St Phillip'S Boys Choir (Voice); Daren Geraghty (Voice); Oliver Putland (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
  • Performer: St Phillip'S Boys Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916