1 800 222 6872

The Shadow Side: Contemporary Song from Scotland / Irene Drummond, soprano; Iain Burnside, piano

Audio Samples

>MacMillan, James : Souter Settings (3), for voice & piano
>McGuire, Edward : The Web, love songs (5), for voice & piano
>McLeod, John : Poems (3) of Irina Ratushinskaya, for voice & piano
>Geddes, John Maxwell : Songs (2) from Lasses, Love & Life, for voice & piano
>Bingham, Judith : The Shadow Side of Joy Finzi, for voice & piano
>Forbes, Lewis : Songs (2) from Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect, for voice & piano
>Mealor, Paul : Between Eternity and Time, for voice & piano
>Williams, Roderick : A Red, Red Rose, for voice & piano

Album Summary

>MacMillan, James : Souter Settings (3), for voice & piano
>McGuire, Edward : The Web, love songs (5), for voice & piano
>McLeod, John : Poems (3) of Irina Ratushinskaya, for voice & piano
>Geddes, John Maxwell : Songs (2) from Lasses, Love & Life, for voice & piano
>Bingham, Judith : The Shadow Side of Joy Finzi, for voice & piano
>Forbes, Lewis : Songs (2) from Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect, for voice & piano
>Mealor, Paul : Between Eternity and Time, for voice & piano
>Williams, Roderick : A Red, Red Rose, for voice & piano
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

For many years Irene Drummond has been the leading exponent of contemporary song in Scotland. With her partner Iain Burnside - peerless in this music - she offers a fascinating snapshot of her repertoire on this recording. From the rarified sparseness of James MacMillan, to the sustained luminosity of Paul Mealor and the emotionally charged dramatic outbursts of John McLeod, The Shadow Side explores a world of half-lights and visceral intensity.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>MacMillan, James : Souter Settings (3), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>McGuire, Edward : The Web, love songs (5), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>MacMillan, James : Souter Settings (3), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>McLeod, John : Poems (3) of Irina Ratushinskaya, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Geddes, John Maxwell : Songs (2) from Lasses, Love & Life, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 6 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>MacMillan, James : Souter Settings (3), for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Bingham, Judith : The Shadow Side of Joy Finzi, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Forbes, Lewis : Songs (2) from Chiefly in the Scottish Dialect, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Mealor, Paul : Between Eternity and Time, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal

>Williams, Roderick : A Red, Red Rose, for voice & piano
  • Performers: Irene Drummond (Soprano); Iain Burnside (Piano)
  • Notes: Crear, Argyll, Scotland (11/16/2010-11/18/2010)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary
  • Form: Vocal