1 800 222 6872

Liszt: Complete Music for Solo Piano Vol 32 / Leslie Howard

Album Summary

>Liszt, Franz : Franz Schuberts Geistliche Lieder (4), transcription for piano (after Rosamunde), S. 562 (LW A73)
>Liszt, Franz : Melodies hongroises (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 818) , S. 425 (LW A48)
>Liszt, Franz : Mélodies favorites (6) de La Belle meunière (i.e. Die Schöne Müllerin), transcription for piano, S.
>Liszt, Franz : Meeresstille (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 216) S. 558/5 (LW A42/5)
>Liszt, Franz : Die Forelle (after Schubert), S. 564
>Liszt, Franz : Ständchen, Leise flehen meine Lieder, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 957), S. 560/7 (LW
>Liszt, Franz : Schwanengesang (14), for piano (after Schubert), S. 560 (LW A49)
>Liszt, Franz : Fruhlingslaube (3 versions), transcription for piano (after Schubert) , S. 558/7, S. 558bis/7 & S. 5
>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2 (LW A48/2)
>Liszt, Franz : Winterreise (Schubert) for Piano, S 561
>Liszt, Franz : Melodien von Franz Schubert (6), transcriptions for piano (after von Weyrauch & Schubert), S. 563 (L
>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (II), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2ii
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

'These discs not only bear moving witness to Howard's devotion to Liszt, and Liszt's devotion to Schubert, but also offer a wealth of insight into both composers' (Classic CD)

'Other performers should be inspired to include this repertoire in their programs after hearing Howard's persuasive presentation' (Piano & Keyboard, USA)

'His idiomatic grasp and utter reliability remain as admirable as in earlier instalments. Excellent sonics and informative notes by the performer' (American Record Guide)



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Liszt, Franz : Franz Schuberts Geistliche Lieder (4), transcription for piano (after Rosamunde), S. 562 (LW A73)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 17 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840

>Liszt, Franz : Melodies hongroises (3), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 818) , S. 425 (LW A48)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 19 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Liszt, Franz : Mélodies favorites (6) de La Belle meunière (i.e. Die Schöne Müllerin), transcription for piano, S.
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 16 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846

>Liszt, Franz : Meeresstille (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert, D. 216) S. 558/5 (LW A42/5)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837-1838

>Liszt, Franz : Die Forelle (after Schubert), S. 564
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846

>Liszt, Franz : Ständchen, Leise flehen meine Lieder, transcription for piano (after Schubert D. 957), S. 560/7 (LW
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Liszt, Franz : Schwanengesang (14), for piano (after Schubert), S. 560 (LW A49)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 61 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Liszt, Franz : Fruhlingslaube (3 versions), transcription for piano (after Schubert) , S. 558/7, S. 558bis/7 & S. 5
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1838

>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (I), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2 (LW A48/2)
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 7 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Liszt, Franz : Winterreise (Schubert) for Piano, S 561
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 37 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839

>Liszt, Franz : Melodien von Franz Schubert (6), transcriptions for piano (after von Weyrauch & Schubert), S. 563 (L
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 27 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1844

>Liszt, Franz : Marche Hongroise (II), transcription for piano (after Schubert), S. 425/2ii
  • Performer: Leslie Howard (Piano)
  • Notes: 02/28/1994-06/27/1994
  • Running Time: 6 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: by 1841