1 800 222 6872

Three Ravens / Wraggle-Taggle Gypsies / Folksongs by Alfred Deller with Desmond Dupré, lute

Audio Samples

>Traditional, English : The Three Ravens, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Cuckoo
>Traditional, English : How Should I Your True Love Know?, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet Nightingale (Down in Those Valleys Below), folk song
>Traditional, British Isles : I Will Give My Love an Apple, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Oak and the Ash (North Country Maid), folk song
>Traditional, English : King Henry, folk song
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>     "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
>Traditional, Scottish : Barbara Allen, folk song
>Traditional, English : Heigh Ho, the Wind and the Rain, folk song
>Traditional, English : O Waly, Waly, folk song
>Traditional, English : Down in Yon Forest, folk song
>Traditional, English : Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Tailor and the Mouse, folk song
>Traditional, English : Greensleeves, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Wraggle Taggle Gypsies, O!, folk song
>Traditional, English : Lord Rendall, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet Jane, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Frog and the Mouse (English variant)
>Traditional, English : The Seeds of Love, folk song
>Traditional, English : Flowers in the Valley, song
>Traditional, English : Near London Town, folk song
>Traditional, English : O Who's Going to Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot?, folk song
>Traditional, English : Blow Away the Morning Dew, folk song
>Traditional, English : Searching for Lambs, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet England, folk song
>Traditional, English : Dabbling in the Dew, folk song
>Traditional, English : Strawberry Fair, folk song
>Traditional, English : Just as the tide was flowing

Album Summary

>Traditional, English : The Three Ravens, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Cuckoo
>Traditional, English : How Should I Your True Love Know?, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet Nightingale (Down in Those Valleys Below), folk song
>Traditional, British Isles : I Will Give My Love an Apple, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Oak and the Ash (North Country Maid), folk song
>Traditional, English : King Henry, folk song
>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2)
>Traditional, Scottish : Barbara Allen, folk song
>Traditional, English : Heigh Ho, the Wind and the Rain, folk song
>Traditional, English : O Waly, Waly, folk song
>Traditional, English : Down in Yon Forest, folk song
>Traditional, English : Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Tailor and the Mouse, folk song
>Traditional, English : Greensleeves, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Wraggle Taggle Gypsies, O!, folk song
>Traditional, English : Lord Rendall, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet Jane, folk song
>Traditional, English : The Frog and the Mouse (English variant)
>Traditional, English : The Seeds of Love, folk song
>Traditional, English : Flowers in the Valley, song
>Traditional, English : Near London Town, folk song
>Traditional, English : O Who's Going to Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot?, folk song
>Traditional, English : Blow Away the Morning Dew, folk song
>Traditional, English : Searching for Lambs, folk song
>Traditional, English : Sweet England, folk song
>Traditional, English : Dabbling in the Dew, folk song
>Traditional, English : Strawberry Fair, folk song
>Traditional, English : Just as the tide was flowing
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Alfred Deller's two most famous LPs now remastered from the original master tapes and released onto one single disc. The master of the folksong tradition.

"Wonderfully fresh and immediate in sound, with no ambience that spoils the feeling of having the singer almost at one's side... intimate and natural, sympathetic without being reverberant... all with a taste for early music, so much of which was being rediscovered at that time. And it was a good time: not so knowledgeable and experienced as the present, but more spontaneous, less doctrinaire in style." -Gramophone



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Traditional, English : The Three Ravens, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Written: circa 1611

>Traditional, English : The Cuckoo
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Traditional, English : How Should I Your True Love Know?, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Sweet Nightingale (Down in Those Valleys Below), folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, British Isles : I Will Give My Love an Apple, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.

>Traditional, English : The Oak and the Ash (North Country Maid), folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.

>Traditional, English : King Henry, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, Christmas : Coventry Carol (2) :: "Lully, Lulla, Thou Little Tiny Child"
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1498

>Traditional, Scottish : Barbara Allen, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: by 1666

>Traditional, English : Heigh Ho, the Wind and the Rain, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : O Waly, Waly, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1765

>Traditional, English : Down in Yon Forest, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, folk song
  • Performers: Desmond Dupré (Lute); Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : The Tailor and the Mouse, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Greensleeves, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1600.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1600

>Traditional, English : The Wraggle Taggle Gypsies, O!, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 15 sec.

>Traditional, English : Lord Rendall, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Sweet Jane, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : The Frog and the Mouse (English variant)
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.

>Traditional, English : The Seeds of Love, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Flowers in the Valley, song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.

>Traditional, English : Near London Town, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : O Who's Going to Shoe Your Pretty Little Foot?, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Blow Away the Morning Dew, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Searching for Lambs, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 17 sec.

>Traditional, English : Sweet England, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Dabbling in the Dew, folk song
  • Performers: Desmond Dupré (Lute); Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Form: Vocal

>Traditional, English : Strawberry Fair, folk song
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Lute); Desmond Dupré (Guitar)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.

>Traditional, English : Just as the tide was flowing
  • Performers: Alfred Deller (Countertenor); Desmond Dupré (Guitar); Desmond Dupré (Lute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Form: Vocal