1 800 222 6872

Hymns Through the Ages / Foster, Phillips, All Saints' Choir et all

Audio Samples

>Purcell, Henry : Christ is made the sure foundation
>Scholefield, Clement Cotterill : Hymn
>     St. Clement)
>Hurd, David : Christ, Mighty Savior (Mighty Savior)
>Arne, Thomas A. : Lo! He Comes, with Clouds Descending (Helmsley)
>Hurd, David : Ye Who Claim the Faith of Jesus (Julion)
>Hymnal, New English : Of the Father's heart begotten (Tune
>     Divinum Mysterium), no 33
>Hurd, David : A Stable Lamp Is Lighted (Andujar)
>Anonymous : Alleluia, Song of Gladness, plainsong
>Stainer, John : Cross of Jesus, Cross of Sorrow (Cross of Jesus)
>Hampton, Calvin : There's a wideness in God's mercy
>Toolan, Suzanne : I Am the Bread of Life, for chorus
>Foster, Thomas : Lift your voice rejoicing, Mary
>Hullah, John Pyke : The Head that Once Was Crowned with Thorns (St. Magnus, melody from Divine Companion, 1707)
>Walker, David Charles : King of glory, king of peace
>Cutts, Peter : Like the murmur of the dove's song
>Albright, William : Father, We Thank Thee (Albright)
>Dirksen, Richard Wayne : Come, We that Love the Lord (Vineyard Haven)
>Hampton, Calvin : O love of God, how strong and true
>Thomerson, Kathleen : I want to walk as a child of the light
>     Houston), for chorus & organ
>Parry, Charles H. : O Praise Ye the Lord (Laudate Dominum)
>Taylor, Cyril : Holy spirit, ever living
>Howells, Herbert : All my hope on God is founded
>     Michael), for chorus
>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)

Album Summary

>Purcell, Henry : Christ is made the sure foundation
>Scholefield, Clement Cotterill : Hymn
>Hurd, David : Christ, Mighty Savior (Mighty Savior)
>Arne, Thomas A. : Lo! He Comes, with Clouds Descending (Helmsley)
>Hurd, David : Ye Who Claim the Faith of Jesus (Julion)
>Hymnal, New English : Of the Father's heart begotten (Tune
>Hurd, David : A Stable Lamp Is Lighted (Andujar)
>Anonymous : Alleluia, Song of Gladness, plainsong
>Stainer, John : Cross of Jesus, Cross of Sorrow (Cross of Jesus)
>Hampton, Calvin : There's a wideness in God's mercy
>Toolan, Suzanne : I Am the Bread of Life, for chorus
>Foster, Thomas : Lift your voice rejoicing, Mary
>Hullah, John Pyke : The Head that Once Was Crowned with Thorns (St. Magnus, melody from Divine Companion, 1707)
>Walker, David Charles : King of glory, king of peace
>Cutts, Peter : Like the murmur of the dove's song
>Albright, William : Father, We Thank Thee (Albright)
>Dirksen, Richard Wayne : Come, We that Love the Lord (Vineyard Haven)
>Hampton, Calvin : O love of God, how strong and true
>Thomerson, Kathleen : I want to walk as a child of the light
>Parry, Charles H. : O Praise Ye the Lord (Laudate Dominum)
>Taylor, Cyril : Holy spirit, ever living
>Howells, Herbert : All my hope on God is founded
>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
Performers Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Purcell, Henry : Christ is made the sure foundation
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Scholefield, Clement Cotterill : Hymn :: St. Clement)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1874

>Hurd, David : Christ, Mighty Savior (Mighty Savior)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Arne, Thomas A. : Lo! He Comes, with Clouds Descending (Helmsley)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Hurd, David : Ye Who Claim the Faith of Jesus (Julion)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Hymnal, New English : Of the Father's heart begotten (Tune :: Divinum Mysterium), no 33
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Hurd, David : A Stable Lamp Is Lighted (Andujar)
  • Performers: William Wood (Bassoon); Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Anonymous : Alleluia, Song of Gladness, plainsong
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Stainer, John : Cross of Jesus, Cross of Sorrow (Cross of Jesus)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Choral

>Hampton, Calvin : There's a wideness in God's mercy
  • Performers: Craig Phillips (Organ); John Peterson (Oboe)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Toolan, Suzanne : I Am the Bread of Life, for chorus
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1970s

>Foster, Thomas : Lift your voice rejoicing, Mary
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Hullah, John Pyke : The Head that Once Was Crowned with Thorns (St. Magnus, melody from Divine Companion, 1707)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.

>Walker, David Charles : King of glory, king of peace
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Cutts, Peter : Like the murmur of the dove's song
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Albright, William : Father, We Thank Thee (Albright)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Dirksen, Richard Wayne : Come, We that Love the Lord (Vineyard Haven)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 3 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Hampton, Calvin : O love of God, how strong and true
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Thomerson, Kathleen : I want to walk as a child of the light :: Houston), for chorus & organ
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Parry, Charles H. : O Praise Ye the Lord (Laudate Dominum)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Taylor, Cyril : Holy spirit, ever living
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Howells, Herbert : All my hope on God is founded :: Michael), for chorus
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1930s

>Parry, Charles H. : Jerusalem ("And did those feet in ancient time"), for chorus & organ (or orchestra)
  • Performer: Craig Phillips (Organ)
  • Notes: All Saints Church, Beverly Hills, CA (02/12/1995/02/14/1995)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1916