1 800 222 6872

J.S. Bach: Concertos for various instruments, Vol. 1-6 / Café Zimmermann

> Overture (Suite) No. 4 in D Major, BWV 1069 - I. Overture
> Overture (Suite) No. 4 in D Major, BWV 1069 - II. Bourree I-II
> Overture (Suite) No. 4 in D Major, BWV 1069 - III. Gavotte
> Overture (Suite) No. 4 in D Major, BWV 1069 - IV. Menuet I-II
> Overture (Suite) No. 4 in D Major, BWV 1069 - V. Rejouissance
> Keyboard Concerto in A Major, BWV 1055 - I. Allegro moderato
> Keyboard Concerto in A Major, BWV 1055 - II. Larghetto
> Keyboard Concerto in A Major, BWV 1055 - III. Allegro ma non tanto
> Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046 - I. —
> Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046 - II. Adagio
> Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046 - III. Allegro
> Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 in F Major, BWV 1046 - IV. Menuetto - Trio - Menuetto - Polacca - Menuetto- Trio - Menuetto
> Concerto for 4 Keyboards in A Minor, BWV 1065 (arr. of Vivaldi's, Concerto for 4 Violins in B Minor, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580) - I. Allegro
> Concerto for 4 Keyboards in A Minor, BWV 1065 (arr. of Vivaldi's, Concerto for 4 Violins in B Minor, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580) - II. Adagio
> Concerto for 4 Keyboards in A Minor, BWV 1065 (arr. of Vivaldi's, Concerto for 4 Violins in B Minor, Op. 3, No. 10, RV 580) - III. Allegro
> Overture (Suite) No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067 - VIII. Badinerie

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for harpsichord, strings & continuo in D minor (arranged by C.P.E. Bach), BWV 1052a
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe d'Amore in A major, BWV 1055
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin no 2 in E major, BWV 1042
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 1 in C major, BWV 1066
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 3 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1064
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1061
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in A minor, BWV 1044 "Triple Concerto"
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 6 in B flat major, BWV 1051
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 3 Harpsichords in D minor, BWV 1063
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Orchestra no 4 in D major, BWV 1069
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1055
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 1 in F major, BWV 1046
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 4 Harpsichords in A minor, BWV 1065
Performers Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This complete set of instrumental works for large forces by J.S. Bach represents, for Café Zimmermann and for Alpha, the fruit of 10 years' work and research. The great care taken over each volume - in the choice of musicians and instruments, of recording venue and acoustics, with the fullness and balance of sound perfectly controlled by Hughes Deschaux and Aline Blondiau - has made this six-volume set into an absolute reference. The CDs come with full liner notes, and the booklets are available in three languages: English, French, and German.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for harpsichord, strings & continuo in D minor (arranged by C.P.E. Bach), BWV 1052a
  • Performers: Amandine Beyer (Violin); Patricia Gagnon (Viola)
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 21 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1734

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe d'Amore in A major, BWV 1055
  • Performers: Amandine Beyer (Violin); Patricia Gagnon (Viola)
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 12 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1969

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin no 2 in E major, BWV 1042
  • Performers: Claire Cachia (Violin); Sabine Bouthinon (Viola); David Plantier (Violin)
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 15 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: by 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 5 in D major, BWV 1050
  • Performers: David Plantier (Violin); Claire Cachia (Violin); Sabine Bouthinon (Viola)
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 19 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 3 in G major, BWV 1048
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 9 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 13 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 1 in C major, BWV 1066
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 12 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Oboe and Violin in C minor, BWV 1060
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 11 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1921

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 4 in G major, BWV 1049
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 14 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for oboe, violin, strings & continuo in F major (reconstruction), BWV 1053R
  • Performer: Patrick Beaudiraud (Oboe)
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 17 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1955

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 3 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1064
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 15 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 2 in B minor, BWV 1067
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 16 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Violin in D minor, BWV 1052
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 13 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 2 Harpsichords in C major, BWV 1061
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 16 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1732-1735

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord in A minor, BWV 1044 "Triple Concerto"
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 18 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1729-1741

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 2 in F major, BWV 1047
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Running Time: 10 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Orchestral Suite no 3 in D major, BWV 1068
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in F minor, BWV 1056
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 6 in B flat major, BWV 1051
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 3 Harpsichords in D minor, BWV 1063
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Suite for Orchestra no 4 in D major, BWV 1069
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for Harpsichord in A major, BWV 1055
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 11 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Brandenburg Concerto no 1 in F major, BWV 1046
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 16 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 03/24/1721

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto for 4 Harpsichords in A minor, BWV 1065
  • Ensemble: Café Zimmermann
  • Notes: l'Arsenal de Metz (02/2004); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (02/2004); l'Arsenal de Metz (03/2010/05/2010); Temple Saint-Jean de Mulhouse (03/2010/05/2010)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730