Gold & Silver

Audio Samples

>Lehár, Franz : Gold und Silber-Walzer (Gold and Silver Waltz), for orchestra, Op. 79, NV 87
>Debussy, Claude : Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite
>     Act 2. Scene
>     Act 2. Dance of the little swans
>     Act 2. Dance of the Queen of the swans
>     Act 1. Waltz
>     Act 3. Dance hongroise
>Chabrier, Emmanuel : España, rhapsody for orchestra (also vers. for 2 pianos)
>Donizetti, Gaetano : Don Pasquale
>     Overture
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Capriccio espagnol, Op. 34

Album Summary

>Lehár, Franz : Gold und Silber-Walzer (Gold and Silver Waltz), for orchestra, Op. 79, NV 87
>Debussy, Claude : Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite
>Chabrier, Emmanuel : España, rhapsody for orchestra (also vers. for 2 pianos)
>Donizetti, Gaetano : Don Pasquale
>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Capriccio espagnol, Op. 34
Performer Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The HMV recordings offered here represent the lighter side of the Hallé-Barbirolli partnership and date from the immediate post-war years.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Franz Lehár (1870 - 1948) : Gold und Silber-Walzer (Gold and Silver Waltz), for orchestra, Op. 79, NV 87
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1902

>Debussy, Claude : Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 8 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite :: Act 2. Scene
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1876

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite :: Act 2. Dance of the little swans
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1876

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite :: Act 2. Dance of the Queen of the swans
  • Performer: Laurance Turner (Violin)
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 5 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1876

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite :: Act 1. Waltz
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1876

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : Swan Lake, Ballet Suite :: Act 3. Dance hongroise
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1875-1876

>Chabrier, Emmanuel : España, rhapsody for orchestra (also vers. for 2 pianos)
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Notes: Composition written: 1883.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1883

>Donizetti, Gaetano : Don Pasquale :: Overture
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843

>Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai : Capriccio espagnol, Op. 34
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Notes: Composition written: 1887.
  • Running Time: 14 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1887

>Franz Lehár (1870 - 1948) : Gold und Silber-Walzer (Gold and Silver Waltz), for orchestra, Op. 79, NV 87
  • Conductor: John Barbirolli
  • Running Time: 7 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Waltz
  • Written: 1902