- Brahms — Symphony No. 1 in C Minor, Op. 68: I. Un poco sostenuto - Allegro
- Brahms — Symphony No. 1 in C Minor, Op. 68: II. Andante sostenuto
- Brahms — Symphony No. 1 in C Minor, Op. 68: III. Un poco allegretto e grazioso $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Symphony No. 1 in C Minor, Op. 68: IV. Adagio - Piu andante - Allegro non troppo ma con brio
Notes & Reviews:
American Record Guide
I can't imagine anyone hearing this epic performance without being struck by its grandeur. This is conducting in the great line of Furtwangler and Bernstein, and goes to the top of my list for performances of this symphony... the performance is full value.
Under the direction of Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, the Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern delivers a solid performance of Johannes Brahms' Symphony No. 1 in C minor that bears comparison with many other first-rate readings. For anyone who wants a straightforward interpretation that can be enjoyed and studied with ease, this is a reliable rendition that is entirely uncontroversial and doesn't pretend to offer a unique view of Brahms' music or a historically authentic interpretation. ... this is a fine recording that most listeners will accept as perfectly serviceable for their needs.
Recording information: Kongresshalle Saarbrücken (02/12/2011-02/13/2011).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Bruckner: Symphony no 1 (1865/66) / Simone Young
Brahms: Symphonies Nos. 2 & 3 / Skrowaczewski
Tchaikovsky: Symphonies No. 2 & 3 / Christoph Poppen
Bob Chilcott: Requiem / Wells Cathedral Choir
Erik Chisholm: Piano Concertos nos 1 & 2 / Danny Driver, piano
Copland: Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes; Piano Concerto; Billy the Kid: Suite / Lorin Hollander, piano
Mahler: Symphony No. 2 "Resurrection" / Sarah Connolly; Miah Persson. Benjamin Zander
The Maiden's Prayer and Other Gems from an Old Piano Stool / Philip Martin, piano
Mozart: Horn Concertos; Quintet K. 452 / Dennis Brain
Works DetailsBrahms, Johannes : Symphony no 1 in C minor, Op. 68
- Conductor: Stanislaw Skrowaczewski
- Ensemble: Deutsche Radio Philharmonie
- Notes: Kongresshalle Saarbrücken (02/12/2011-02/13/2011)
- Running Time: 51 min. 56 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1855-1876