- Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone)
Notes & Reviews:
The great merit of this new version of Tosca... is that the stage picture is so clear, with the words sharply audible from beginning to end... Pavarotti makes an unusually positive and bright-eyed Cavaradossi, by no means the cipher this character can be... Milnes gives a fresh, alternative view - a Scarpia still thoroughly evil but with a hint of nobility, with the virility of an active lover.
Recording information: Henry Wood Hall, London (05/1978-08/1978); Kingsway Hall, London (05/1978-08/1978).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPuccini, Giacomo : Tosca
- Performer: Richard van Allan (Bass Baritone)
- Conductor: Nicola Rescigno
- Ensemble: National Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1900