1 800 222 6872

The Silver Sounds of Christmas

Audio Samples

>Holcombe, Bill : A Christmas Overture, for chorus & flute ensemble
>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Petersen, Andrew : Labor of Love, for chorus
>Anonymous, African : African Noel, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
>Leontovych, Mykola : Carol of the Bells
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Eaton, Chris : Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song), song
>Laster, James [Composer] : There's A Song in the Air, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : Ginger Snap!
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Nutcracker
>     Dance of the Reed Pipes
>Blane, Ralph : Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (for the film Meet Me in St. Louis)
>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
>Greene, Buddy : Mary, Did You Know?, song
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noel for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chretiens," "O Holy Night")
>Pensis, Henri : Fantasy on Two Christmas Carols, for orchestra
>Fine, Jessy : Night of Silence, for chorus & flute ensemble

Album Summary

>Holcombe, Bill : A Christmas Overture, for chorus & flute ensemble
>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
>Petersen, Andrew : Labor of Love, for chorus
>Anonymous, African : African Noel, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
>Leontovych, Mykola : Carol of the Bells
>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
>Eaton, Chris : Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song), song
>Laster, James [Composer] : There's A Song in the Air, for chorus
>Traditional, Christmas : Ginger Snap!
>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Nutcracker
>Blane, Ralph : Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (for the film Meet Me in St. Louis)
>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
>Greene, Buddy : Mary, Did You Know?, song
>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noel for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chretiens," "O Holy Night")
>Pensis, Henri : Fantasy on Two Christmas Carols, for orchestra
>Fine, Jessy : Night of Silence, for chorus & flute ensemble
Performers Ensemble Composers
Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: First United Methodist Church, Lebanon, TN (11/06/2011).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased



Previous


Next


Works Details

>Holcombe, Bill : A Christmas Overture, for chorus & flute ensemble
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Traditional, Christmas : Angels We Have Heard on High
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1840

>Traditional, Christmas : O come, o come, Emmanuel (Veni, veni, Emmanuel), carol
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 12th Century

>Gauntlett, Henry John : Once in Royal David's City, carol
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: circa 1850

>Petersen, Andrew : Labor of Love, for chorus
  • Performers: Anna Williams (Flute); Windell Little (Piano); Shannon Moore (Flute); Melissa Keeling (Flute); Megan Baldwin (Flute); Kallie Rogers (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 53 sec.

>Anonymous, African : African Noel, for chorus
  • Performers: Eric Talbot (Percussion); Tyler Hildreth (Percussion)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.

>Traditional, Christmas : Away in a Manger
  • Performers: Windell Little (Piano); Shannon Moore (Flute); Megan Baldwin (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1885

>Leontovych, Mykola : Carol of the Bells
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1910

>Traditional, Christmas : What Child Is This? (Greensleeves)
  • Performers: Kamran Shikoh (Guitar); Kallie Rogers (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1600

>Eaton, Chris : Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song), song
  • Performer: Hope Daley (Voice)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Amy Grant (1960 - ).
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.

>Laster, James [Composer] : There's A Song in the Air, for chorus
  • Performers: Aleesha Hillis (Flute); Kamran Shikoh (Guitar); Adrienne Kirkey
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.

>Traditional, Christmas : Ginger Snap!
  • Performers: Melissa Keeling (Flute); Deanna Little (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.

>Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich : The Nutcracker :: Dance of the Reed Pipes
  • Performers: Aleesha Hillis (Flute); Roya Farzaneh (Flute); Maureen Moeller (Flute); Mara Miller (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Blane, Ralph : Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (for the film Meet Me in St. Louis)
  • Performers: Anna Williams (Flute); Windell Little (Piano); Roya Farzaneh (Flute); Christen Vann (Flute)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Hugh Martin (1914 - 2011).
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: circa 1944

>Styne, Jule : Let It Snow!
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1945

>Marks, Johnny : Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1949

>Greene, Buddy : Mary, Did You Know?, song
  • Performers: Windell Little (Piano); Valerie Hubert; Shannon Moore (Flute); Melissa Keeling (Flute); Megan Baldwin (Flute); Kallie Rogers (Flute); Judy Lea; Isaac Jones (Flute); Dixie Rury
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 56 sec.
  • Written: 1990

>Adam, Adolphe : Cantique de Noël for voice & orchestra ("Minuit, Chrétiens," "O Holy Night")
  • Performers: Anna Williams (Flute); Windell Little (Piano)
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1851

>Pensis, Henri : Fantasy on Two Christmas Carols, for orchestra
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 3 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas
  • Written: 1940s

>Fine, Jessy : Night of Silence, for chorus & flute ensemble
  • Performer: Eric Sorrels
  • Ensemble: Middle Tennessee State University Flute Choir
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.