Notes & Reviews:
"Jeffrey Tate's prime virtue is his ability to convey a score's harmonic and textural chiaroscuro and it is very evident here, though at some cost in sheer Straussian sensuousness...[Te Kanawa] has considerable insight into Arabella's character...It is a shining performance and her many admirers will rejoice that this permanent record of a role she adorns is available at last." -Gramophone
BBC Music Magazine
Stylish performance under Jeffrey Tate, with plenty of momentum to join up the highlights. Te Kanawa is in her element, finely partnered by Franz Grundheber.
Recording information: Walthamstow Assembly Hall, London (07/1986).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Arabella
- Performers: Reinhild Runkel (Mezzo Soprano); Gabrielle Fontana (Voice); Helga Dernesch (Soprano)
- Conductor: Jeffrey Tate
- Ensemble: Royal Opera House Covent Garden Orchestra
- Notes: Composition written: 1929-32.
- Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1929-1932