Great Motion Picture Themes

Audio Samples

>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : Exodus
>     Theme
>Hadjidakis, Manos : Never on Sunday, song
>Bernstein, Elmer : The Magnificent Seven
>     Theme
>Tiomkin, Dimitri : Green Leaves of Summer
>Chaplin, Charlie : Smile (as used in the film "Modern Times" ) (spurious; by Geoffrey Persons)
>Moross, Jerome : The Big Country
>     Theme (Another Day, Another Sunset)
>Mandel, Johnny : I Want to Live
>Tiomkin, Dimitri : The Need for Love (theme from The Unforgiven)
>Williams, Charles : The Jealous Lover (theme from the film The Apartment)
>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : On the Beach, film theme
>Buttolph, David : The Horse Soldiers
>     Theme
>Nascimbene, Mario : The Vikings
>     Theme
>North, Alex : The Wonderful Country, theme from the film
>Malneck, Matty : Some Like It Hot, song
>Nascimbene, Mario : Solomon and Sheba
>     Theme
>Bernstein, Elmer : God's Little Acre
>     Theme (Diggin' in the Morning)
>Auric, Georges : Goodbye Again, film theme
>Steiner, Max [Composer] : My Own True Love (Tara's Theme from Gone With the Wind)
>Previn, Andre : Elmer Gantry
>     Theme
>Friedhofer, Hugo : One Eyed Jacks
>     Love Theme
>Duning, George : Houseboat, theme from the film score
>Lavagnino, Angelo : The Naked Maja
>     Theme
>Stothart, Herbert : I Wanna Be Loved by You, song (as used in the film Some Like It Hot)
>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess
>     I Loves You, Porgy
>Strayhorn, Billy : Take the A Train
>Auric, Georges : Where Is Your Heart, song (for the film Moulin Rouge)
>North, Alex : The Misfits
>     Theme
>Livingston, Jay : Bonanza, television show theme
>Lewis, John : Odds Against Tomorrow

Album Summary

>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : Exodus
>Hadjidakis, Manos : Never on Sunday, song
>Bernstein, Elmer : The Magnificent Seven
>Tiomkin, Dimitri : Green Leaves of Summer
>Chaplin, Charlie : Smile (as used in the film "Modern Times" ) (spurious; by Geoffrey Persons)
>Moross, Jerome : The Big Country
>Mandel, Johnny : I Want to Live
>Tiomkin, Dimitri : The Need for Love (theme from The Unforgiven)
>Williams, Charles : The Jealous Lover (theme from the film The Apartment)
>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : On the Beach, film theme
>Buttolph, David : The Horse Soldiers
>Nascimbene, Mario : The Vikings
>North, Alex : The Wonderful Country, theme from the film
>Malneck, Matty : Some Like It Hot, song
>Nascimbene, Mario : Solomon and Sheba
>Bernstein, Elmer : God's Little Acre
>Auric, Georges : Goodbye Again, film theme
>Steiner, Max [Composer] : My Own True Love (Tara's Theme from Gone With the Wind)
>Previn, Andre : Elmer Gantry
>Friedhofer, Hugo : One Eyed Jacks
>Duning, George : Houseboat, theme from the film score
>Lavagnino, Angelo : The Naked Maja
>Stothart, Herbert : I Wanna Be Loved by You, song (as used in the film Some Like It Hot)
>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess
>Strayhorn, Billy : Take the A Train
>Auric, Georges : Where Is Your Heart, song (for the film Moulin Rouge)
>North, Alex : The Misfits
>Livingston, Jay : Bonanza, television show theme
>Lewis, John : Odds Against Tomorrow
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : Exodus :: Theme
  • Ensemble: Ferrante & Teicher
  • Notes: Composition written: 1960.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score
  • Written: 1960

>Hadjidakis, Manos : Never on Sunday, song
  • Conductor: Don Costa
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1960

>Bernstein, Elmer : The Magnificent Seven :: Theme
  • Performer: Al Caiola (Guitar)
  • Notes: Composition written: United States of America.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score

>Tiomkin, Dimitri : Green Leaves of Summer
  • Conductor: Nick Perito
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Chaplin, Charlie : Smile (as used in the film "Modern Times" ) (spurious; by Geoffrey Persons)
  • Conductor: Alfred Newman
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1936

>Moross, Jerome : The Big Country :: Theme (Another Day, Another Sunset)
  • Conductor: Jerome Moross
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score
  • Written: 1958

>Mandel, Johnny : I Want to Live
  • Performers: Gerry Mulligan (Saxophone); Shelly Manne (Drums)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Tiomkin, Dimitri : The Need for Love (theme from The Unforgiven)
  • Conductor: Don Costa
  • Running Time: 2 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Williams, Charles : The Jealous Lover (theme from the film The Apartment)
  • Ensemble: Ferrante & Teicher
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: circa 1949

>Gold, Ernest [Composer] : On the Beach, film theme
  • Conductor: Mitchell Powell
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Buttolph, David : The Horse Soldiers :: Theme
  • Conductor: David Buttolph
  • Running Time: 2 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score
  • Written: 1959

>Nascimbene, Mario : The Vikings :: Theme
  • Conductor: Mario Nascimbene
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1958

>North, Alex : The Wonderful Country, theme from the film
  • Conductor: Alex North
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Malneck, Matty : Some Like It Hot, song
  • Conductor: Matty Malneck
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1958

>Nascimbene, Mario : Solomon and Sheba :: Theme
  • Conductor: Mario Nascimbene
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Bernstein, Elmer : God's Little Acre :: Theme (Diggin' in the Morning)
  • Conductor: Elmer Bernstein
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score
  • Written: 1958

>Auric, Georges : Goodbye Again, film theme
  • Ensemble: Ferrante & Teicher
  • Running Time: 3 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Steiner, Max [Composer] : My Own True Love (Tara's Theme from Gone With the Wind)
  • Ensemble: Ferrante & Teicher
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>André Previn (Conductor/Piano) (1929 - ) : Elmer Gantry :: Theme
  • Conductor: Andre Previn
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Friedhofer, Hugo : One Eyed Jacks :: Love Theme
  • Ensemble: Ferrante & Teicher
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1961

>Duning, George : Houseboat, theme from the film score
  • Conductor: Don Costa
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Lavagnino, Angelo : The Naked Maja :: Theme
  • Conductor: Mitchell Powell
  • Running Time: 2 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Film Score
  • Written: 1959

>Stothart, Herbert : I Wanna Be Loved by You, song (as used in the film Some Like It Hot)
  • Performer: Marilyn Monroe (Voice)
  • Conductor: Matty Malneck
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Bert Kalmar (1884 - 1947), Harry Ruby (1895 - 1974).
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Gershwin, George : Porgy and Bess :: I Loves You, Porgy
  • Conductor: Bill Potts
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Opera/Operetta
  • Written: 1935

>Strayhorn, Billy : Take the A Train
  • Performer: Louis Armstrong (Trumpet)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1941

>Auric, Georges : Where Is Your Heart, song (for the film Moulin Rouge)
  • Conductor: Don Costa
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>North, Alex : The Misfits :: Theme
  • Conductor: Don Costa
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1961

>Livingston, Jay : Bonanza, television show theme
  • Performer: Al Caiola (Guitar)
  • Notes: This work was written in collaboration with Ray Evans (Lyricist) (1915 - 2007).
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1959

>Lewis, John : Odds Against Tomorrow
  • Ensemble: The Modern Jazz Quartet
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern