1 800 222 6872

Celebrations / The US Navy Band

Audio Samples

>Zdechlik, John : Celebrations, for wind ensemble
>Berlioz, Hector : Le carnaval romain (Roman Carnival Overture), ouverture catacteristique for orchestra, H.95 (Op. 9)
>Falla, Manuel de : The Three Cornered Hat
>     Jota, final dance
>Holsinger, David R. : American Faces, for band
>Chattaway, Jay : Sailabration, for band
>Barber, Samuel : The School for Scandal, overture for orchestra, Op. 5
>Friedmann, Carl : Slavonic Rhapsody for band no 2
>Strauss, Richard : Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, Op. 28

Album Summary

>Zdechlik, John : Celebrations, for wind ensemble
>Berlioz, Hector : Le carnaval romain (Roman Carnival Overture), ouverture catacteristique for orchestra, H.95 (Op. 9)
>Falla, Manuel de : The Three Cornered Hat
>Holsinger, David R. : American Faces, for band
>Chattaway, Jay : Sailabration, for band
>Barber, Samuel : The School for Scandal, overture for orchestra, Op. 5
>Friedmann, Carl : Slavonic Rhapsody for band no 2
>Strauss, Richard : Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, Op. 28
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Celebrations features the talents of some of this nation's finest musicians, members of the U.S. Navy Band. As a commemoration to the exceptional musicianship and unfailing dedication of the Navy Band, this exciting album strikes a balance between concert band works and orchestral transcriptions that challenge the performers and inspire the listener. The pieces on the album also represent the works of some of the world's greatest composers such as Carl Friedemann and Richard Strauss. Three of the selections found on this album were composed or transcribed by present and former Navy Band members. One such member, Chief Musician Herb Weber, had a father who performed with the Sousa Band. This album is a fantastic representation of the talent, dedication, and professionalism that is characteristic of the United States Navy Band in every endeavor.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Fourth Presbyterian Church, 5500 River Rd., Bethesda, M.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Zdechlik, John : Celebrations, for wind ensemble
  • Ensemble: United States Navy Band
  • Running Time: 7 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Berlioz, Hector : Le carnaval romain (Roman Carnival Overture), ouverture catactéristique for orchestra, H.95 (Op. 9)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 01/1844

>Falla, Manuel de : The Three Cornered Hat :: Jota, final dance
  • Running Time: 6 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1921

>Holsinger, David R. : American Faces, for band
  • Running Time: 6 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Chattaway, Jay : Sailabration, for band
  • Running Time: 6 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Contemporary

>Barber, Samuel : The School for Scandal, overture for orchestra, Op. 5
  • Running Time: 8 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1931-1933

>Friedmann, Carl : Slavonic Rhapsody for band no 2
  • Running Time: 7 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Strauss, Richard : Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche, Op. 28
  • Running Time: 15 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1894-1895