Album Remarks & Appraisals:
From soul jazz and blues to free-form contemporariness, and lollipops infused with canny commerciality, the listener is treated here to the sublime art of the Cannonball Adderley Quintet. The concert of March 1969 remains: the legacy of a unique quintet. Soulful and swinging, a timeless classic even today.
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Nat Adderley (trumpet); Joe Zawinul (piano, keyboards); Roy McCurdy (drums).
Liner Note Author: Ulli Pfau.
Recording information: Liederhalle Stuttgart (03/20/1969).
Photographer: Jörg Becker.
Translator: Alan Seaton.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Cleanhead & Cannonball (Vinson, Eddie "Cleanhead")
- Cannonball Adderley & the Poll Winners [Essential (Montgomery, Wes)
- With the All Star Band/Bursting Out (Peterson, Oscar)
- Things Are Getting Better (Jackson, Milt)
- Drums Around the World: Philly Joe Jones Big Band (Jones, Philly Joe)
- Bohemia After Dark [Remaster] (Clarke, Kenny)
- The Summer of '55 (Adderley Brothers)